handling Q

sweatnblood

I have a 87WE4... right now I added 2" drop spind. in front and 2" lowering spring in rear...I got some D style 15x8 4" backspace all around and tried to run a 265 all around...kinda like the nascar look...but was rubbing the hell out of the front...so I dropped to the 235...and added the little square nutt thing in the spring...and now no rubbing...so I really like the tucked G-machine look and want to fit the widest front and rear...so can I cut something up front to run wider...or maybe backspacing a little diff...was thinking of adding the gnx moulding for a nice look...I keep hearing about the notching thing in the rear...just looks like it's going to cost a pretty penny...so anyhelp will be great...

The dropped spindles are the reason you rub I run 18x10 rear and18x9.5 front and rear backspace needs to be 4.75 you could run a 305 in rear and 265 up front with this setup. You will get rubbing up front with dropped spindles even with 225 been there done that, use springs to lower up front.

Xcessiv is right. Spindles change the offset needs greatly since the vertically only change one point when lowering the car. (Lowering springs make the control arms angles to one another change and give a little camber to effectively pull the top of the wheel/tire in). A drop spindle car needs the wheel much further inset inside the car to make up for being closer to the fender edge w/o changing any other angles. You can run 8.5" fronts w/ spindles, and somewhere I have written down what offset is required. I'll look when I get home. I found it on a monte SS forum.