Had some work done at local body shop...

GNRick

Retired member
...and I'm happy with the results. My 87 dark red TR hard top with 184,000 miles on it needed some attention. So he sanded down the rust (not alot but a little rust was evident) around both rear wheel wells, welded in some small patch panels, painted and clear coated it. Blended in very nice. Also replaced the grey pin stripe from the last repaint in 1991. Lastly, he installed the missing body bushings (uppers and lowers) which required that he cut two access holes in the trunk, one on each side, and weld in a plate and nut to the body for the bolt to attach to. Car has Bilsteins and rides a little firmer than stock. I may bring one of my other GN's to him, as it is missing a couple body bushings.

got any pics of the work?

when i put my body bushings in i was only missing lowers and i didnt need any nuts or washers to be welded in?!

got any pics of the work?

when i put my body bushings in i was only missing lowers and i didnt need any nuts or washers to be welded in?!

i think he needed the nuts and washers welded in due to rust eating up the factory cage nut that the bolts screws into.

Hey Rick, which bodyshop did you take it to? I was thinking about fixing the rust on my white T.

Hey Rick, which bodyshop did you take it to? I was thinking about fixing the rust on my white T.

Dave Dillingham. 30 years experience. He also does signs and graphics and will sell you his 08 orange Challenger SRT8 for $45k. He is just south of Home Depot. You can tell him you know me:biggrin: