Had some rims powder coated

cruzn57

Still plays with cars!
these COULD fit the TR, but are going on the 71 El Camino.
had the rims polished, then powdercoated clear, never again will I polish alum rims!
he did the back side too, so easy clean up.

Attachments

• 100_0587.jpg
    100_0587.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 298
  • 100_0586.jpg
    100_0586.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_0588.jpg
    100_0588.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 277
Polished rims

Nice job, look new ;)

Style really looks good on earlier cars, will dress up the Elky.
Lucky guy having more than one nice car.

Very kool. Should be easy to maintain. Goes to show polishing before powdercoating makes a huge difference.

Looks great cruzn! Bare polished aluminum is not something that should be on a DD...that and cats in my neighborhood love to mark my TTII's as their "territory" :mad:

they were $40 per wheel

Nice!
How much did the work cost?

local guy, ( here in BFE)
I asked about bumpers, no problem was his reply,he would have to see one to quote it,
his booth is large enough to power coat a whole car! :tongue:
I have cats & dogs in our neighbor hood also, plus this is a daily driver, so wanted to drive it not have to clean rims all the time.

Looks great cruzn! Bare polished aluminum is not something that should be on a DD...that and cats in my neighborhood love to mark my TTII's as their "territory" :mad:

Same here, since when did cats start pi$$ing on rims like dogs, gonna have to tie my paranoid/schizophrenic Chihuahua next to my g/n but then he'll probably pi$$ on them too :mad:.... nice rims

Hey Lee would you PM me their number.

I have a friend with a set of gold TTA rims. He wants to blast them and powder coat them black for his GN.

Thanks

how does the clear Powder Coat hold up against Road rock salt?
NOT DRIVING in it but the Road spreader spreading it onto the wheels while the car is parked

Those rims look sweet! Very nice! Been considering doing that to an older set of Superlites since I can coat them myself. Just need time, of which is rare lately!