Had my car dry sanded

blackgn231

Money pit
Had it dry sanded to remove the orange peel , it was painted about 10 yrs ago and was never buffed real good after.So had a detailer that talked to me about dry sanding it and tried it and was very happy with how it came out . He used 1500 then went all the way to 3000 then buffed it out it looks like a new paint job never really could find a lot about dry sanding on the net but it does work.

Do you mean wet sanded? I never heard of dry sandind a painted vehicle but you never know.

Dry sanding is done with a DA. You use a paper that was meant for dry sanding which has a anti-loading product on top of it. The next step of 3000 grit was probably done wet with a DA as well. Once this is done it takes minimal time to buff it back to a nice shine.

Chris

Had it dry sanded to remove the orange peel , it was painted about 10 yrs ago and was never buffed real good after.So had a detailer that talked to me about dry sanding it and tried it and was very happy with how it came out . He used 1500 then went all the way to 3000 then buffed it out it looks like a new paint job never really could find a lot about dry sanding on the net but it does work.

In my shop i dry sand clear, you could see all the orange peel when your Dry sanding.
I been dry sanding cars since 1991.

when I do a show room paint job i sand 1000 dry DA then 1500 wet then 2000wet and 3000DA wet.

First time I saw this technique was on a brand new Mercedes something-or-other, I almost fainted when the buffer hit it dry but the final result was outstanding.

Lol, I had lots of people say the same thing. I love to dry sand with the da. One thing you have to look out for is making sure the person that is buffing the car out know what they are doing.