Had a Good scare......

QWIKTURBO

Who's Monte is this?
Last night I was heading home from work the usual route. Everynow and then this same import guy(RX7) seems to "antagonize" me by following about 3 feet off my rear. Well...last night he got beside me and wanted to "play" for once. We caught a light...I brake stalled it to about 2-3PSI and let it rip. I had put a good 4-5 cars on him before the 2-3 shift. THEN....a cars pulls out in front of me!! YIkes!! I quickly let out and grabbed the binders...ROCK HARD PEDAL!! I forget at times that when you have Vacuum brakes and you're pulling boost....Brakes NO workie!! After a split second they came back and I got it whoa'ed down!

Thats a bad feeling...moving out like that and having to panic brake and they were MIA just gets your blood pumping after that!! Just be careful you guys with Vacuum brakes!!:eek:

I know what you mean since I have a TTA. The reason you didn't have the vacuum assist is because you boosted it at the line and used up the vacuum you had stored in the booster. If you leave from an idle it won't happen, also from a roll. If that isn't the case on your car, make sure the check valve on the vacuum line isn't leaking. HTH at least let you know when you won't have brakes on the first pump:)