Had a 85 T-Type for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Octane

I was driving on the freeway, on my way home, when this Black 85 T-Type started getting stupid with me. LOL I thought these things were suppose to be fast. I guess his car wasn't geared for top end. We were doing 60mph when I downshifted and brought my baby up to 9 grand. She lunged forward and right away I started to pull on this guy. At about 90mph I had him by like 1/2 a car so I shut down. I didn't think I needed to prove anymore of my might by destroying this guys self image.

I registered here because I felt bad about putting this guy to shame in my little import. LOL:cool: I just wanted to apologize to the fellow. I know there are alot of Hawaii guys on this board. So if you were the guy(Filipino,Black Hair,Eyeglasses,Hat) I'm Sorry! I feel really bad!:( :D

riiight,, and then you woke up to the smell of fried rice?

IMPORT!!!!!! How about EXPORT your ass off of this site. This site is for AMERICANS and AMERICANS don't buy IMPORTS.
By the way, the guy you "beat" probably just backed off so he could hear what a POS sounded like through a tin can.
Ohhh have a nice day ;) :rolleyes:

i have an 85 ttype and when it was bone bone bone stock it was definatly slow.

but i still think your being a smartass..:eek:

Thanks for the warm welcome!:rolleyes:

I merely registered here to apologize to the gentleman that I unfortunately had to beat down. I didn't ask for your sarcasm! I'm just trying to be the bigger man and apologize for something that I felt was wrong. It's not my fault his car was slow. I don't want him to go beating himself up about losing to an import. I mean what if this guy becomes an alcoholic because of this one incident. I couldn't live with myself knowing that I didn't at least try and apologize to this person.

Thanks for understanding!:)

Actually, you may be on to something there, maybe he has an all stock motor and you made him look bad so now he decides to become an "alcoholic". Then he would be able to increase his boost and all you would smell is a little denatured in the air.
Don't try to figure it out, we all know what I am talking about.:D

Why does our board get all the lame trolls. I guess this guy is still better than the last Civic guy.

REDS HOT AIR, I still have absolutely no idea who you think I am:confused: but you are more than welcome to check my IP address against this T Type person you're speaking of.

BTW, 87 Octane, how do you know it was an '85? Can you read the VIN from the seat of your GTS?

HI85WH1, TurboV6 I just my car in November and haven't recieved my plates yet. Do you guys go to the track? I haven't had a reason to go until now. I'm rather anxious to see what my little speed demon can do! When do all the domestic guys go down? I'd like to see how well they fair against my factory freak!
:D :cool:

TROLL

troll ALERT ! i think this troll is just trying to cause some trouble. good point HI85WH1 - how DID he know it was an '85 ? damn troll's. the Celica GT-S is lucky if it will do 15's in the quarter (ok, maybe it will do 15's for arguments sake)...check out the specs:

Length: 170.5 in.
Width: 68.3 in.
Height: 51.4 in.
Weight: 2500 lbs.
Wheelbase: 102.4 in.

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.9 sec. vs. 5.9 sec. (Ford Mush- tang GT
Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 116 ft. Bullit Edition)
Roadholding Index: NA [read: high 14, low
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 14's? Ford]
Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline
Horsepower: 180 hp @ 7600 rpm
Torque: 130 ft-lbs. @ 6800 rpm
Turning Circle: 36.3 ft.
Drive Type: FWD

quote from Edmunds.com:
Until recently, Celicas were generally considered slow, overweight and expensive.

uh, they still are... ahh, who gives a crap, i'm just bored. :D

"Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.9 sec. vs. 5.9 sec. (Ford Mush- tang GT
Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 116 ft. Bullit Edition)
Roadholding Index: NA [read: high 14, low
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 14's ?]
Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline
Horsepower: 180 hp @ 7600 rpm
Torque: 130 ft-lbs. @ 6800 rpm
Turning Circle: 36.3 ft.
Drive Type: FWD "

Rather impressive, don't you think! That's why I bought this baby!:cool:

A stock 86-87 TR goes 0-60 in 4.4sec and 1/4 mile around 14.1 at 98 mph.

Stock HP is 235-245 and forgot the torque :D

slow Celica

that's what i was trying to point out - that the Celica is slow even compared to some of the American IRON. i think my sleep defecit body couldn't type that to make much sense. still, it's faster than my riding lawn mower. :D

NOSjohnWE4, that may be true for some Celica's but I am of the firm belief that I am the fortunate owner of a "factory freak"
:cool: .

I haven't been able to dyno my car yet. As soon as I do I will be more than happy to post my numbers.

Does anyone know of any exceptional shops that I could make a dyno run on? I'm also looking for some aftermarket parts so if anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!:) I want to make my new toy as fast as possible. Who know with a good combo I may be competeing with some vettes or LS1 Camaro's.

Thanks in advance!:)

Naka's auto care has a dyno there and charges $75-100 for 4 runs.

Another thing try sticking in the Hawaii sec. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.