HA board slow

T-Type85David

notice its kinda slow now a days for topics.

Well alright how much would One have if

Electric fan convert
walbro 307/340
Hooker exhaust, gutted Dynomax cat(clogged hi flow unit.
Cold air intake(Headlight area)

About how much HP free up??

Lets say stock everything else(STOCK!!!!!!!)

;)

IDK hmm i rather this post be about PIC of your Radios rather it be STOCK, or aftermarket :cool:

I haven't posted much because I'm focusing on non-performance related stuff on my car. The most recent things I've done are an amp and sub-woofer installed and fixed the door hinges on the driver side.
The next project is going to be replacing the bushings on the upper and lower front control arms.

The tracks are open here, but I haven't been yet to report any runs.

My non-scientific guess would be somewhere in the 10 to 20 HP range on your mods.

I have always been courious about adding a electric fan onto my 85 GN. What all is involved in it, does someone make a kit or would it be parts from a 87 GN?

To busy in the garage to post much, but its to cold today to work in the garage and I am out of propane for the heater. I did the electric fan last year, picked up the fan from a late model Z-28 and the top raditor bracket at u-pull-and-pay and bought the fan controller off of ebay, I might have $75 in the whole setup.

Yeah, good just seeing what the HA owners are up 2. Doesnt need to be special or anything, could be undercoating, the body/frame, Simple stuff i guess.

MaLoneysforever, "if you can dodge a wrench you can hook up a electric fan to your GN" haha no, No kit needed, i mean be cool makes one that comes with the radiator but its like 600 i think. I would get a stock fan DODGE,FORD, GM, ex would be interpid,XR7, LT1 camero etc. I'll post some pics if you want of my setup but there are some threads about this topic of E=FANs.

I used a Lincoln Mark 8 fan with a Flexalite Adjustable thermo switch. Along with a Metal Fan shourd from a Gbody Monte carlo for picknpull.
IN fact now that i have a AMBER rocker switch i plan to do Make a Override switch. So if i wanted i could Run the fan without the need of the thermo switch. I still would like to get those TRIPLE gauge sets, mini tho. I think they look good n pretty much all you need if semi stock i think.

i put a 16" Hayden electric fan that i found in another regal in the junkyard on my car. paid $10 for it. at the same time, i also put a bigger 3 core copper/brass radiator and top plate out of an early 80's Cutlass i parted out and used and 87 GN upper radiator hose that i bought at Carquest for about $15.
i mounted the fan to the rad support by drilling 2 small holes below the rad and using oem style nut clips and bolts, and made an oem looking upper mount to mount the top of the fan to the top plate using a piece of plastic something or other from some car that just happened to have the holes spaced the same as the fan shroud mounting holes in the top plate and used oem fan shroud bolts.
for the wiring, i used a Hayden relay kit i bought at Mills Fleet Farm (the man's mall- if they don't got it, you don't need it- it's a midwest thing..) for about $15. it is always on with the key, but now that i've got an 87 ecm in it i'm going to hook it up so the ecm controls the fan on/off and maybe put in a redundant temp switch in the intake just in case the ecm goes bonkers for some reason. i also want to extend the power wires for the fan so the wiring lays down along the bottom of the radiator instead of shooting across the middle and put a weatherpack plug in it so i can take the fan out easily.
as for how much power it freed up- it wasn't anything noticeable to me and the temps stay right at the thermostat temp just like they did with the stock fan. but working on the front of the engine is a breeze now, which made it worth the work for me. oil filter changes are done from up top and it only took me about 20 minutes to swap out the water pump last summer.

winter cold does slow me down a bit from messing wit my car too much i guess. but i've always got something going on with my big black money pit.

i was fortunate to recently find a wrecked bone stock 85 t with a 109 block in it. car was hit bad in the front, buckled the frame pretty good, also had lots of rust. the hit twisted the motor mounts and pushed the engine back into the hvac box, but otherwise didn't hurt the drivetrain other than rad/condensor and fan. i had to remove the body mount bolts and lift the body up about a foot to get the engine/tranny out since the motor was pushed up against the body. i got some time this afternoon to start stripping everything off the engine. i'll post up some pics. i'm going to just put it on a engine stand for now till i get a chance to have it built (most likely this fall). i'm in no hurry, in the mean-time i'll continue to buy and shelf parts for my "recipe" i've put together on my own :cool: . i'll have the block built to handle 10's, even though it'll never get there. what i thought was strange was this car had the 20 bolt oil pan 109 block, but also had the hydroboost brake system. must've been a early 85, but right at the point where they started the 109 blocks on the line.

done a lot of little odds and ends with the car lately. rebuilt and installed new boot on my steering shaft, while i was in there i installed new master cylinder, new ss brake lines, powder coated mas cyl. cap and the metal snap rings that hold it on. also did a few other things in that area but can't remember right now.
also installed a manual boost guage, had the rjc one, and liked it, but controlling boost from inside the car is just such a nice luxury to have. i installed the controller below the dash where its easy to reach, and used the bolt that holds up the under dash pad. i've been careful to not drill/cut any holes in this car since its in such nice shape. it did pain me very much when i had to drill the holes to install rear seat brace kit:redface:
just had new tires put on my rims. went with the bfgoodrich g-force sports. should be a big differance in handling compared to the wimpy bfgoodrich touring ta's i had on it before. finding a good performance tire for stock tire size is hard. i went ahead and went to a 225 instead of the stock 215 since they didn't make in that size. i know 235's fit stock rim, but once you start getting that wide, i think they look silly in the front. this is my first tires i've ever bought with directional tread, so i'm stoked:rolleyes:
also, i've got a mint gn wheel for sale. thread is here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/276789-84-85-gn-wheel-mint-115-shipped.html

next week i'll get the stock upipe back off and put my jaysgn upipe back on. had to have some work done to it since it didn't fit worth crap in the first place. don't ask :rolleyes:

i'll post up a pic of my little helper, she tends to get in the way but i don't mind much :p