Guitar speaker cabinet wiring?

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
Anyone know anything about guitar speaker cabinets?

I am trying to wire my bro's cab so it will see 4 ohms in mono. 4x12 with 16ohm speakers. The amp continues to get hot and shut down.

Right now the speakers are seperated into pairs, both with their positives and negatives connected. From there I have the four wires coming off the back of the cab going like this. (2) out to pos of upper right speaker, (3) in (left) to pos of top left speaker, 1(ohm switch) to neg of lower right speaker and 4 in(right) to neg of lower left speaker. Ohm switch on back of amp in 4ohm mono postion, using one speaker cable from amp to in(left) of cab. Is this correct?

I think I should connect all speaker postives together, then all negaitves. That will leave me with two wires to connect to the four coming from the cab wall. Which of those four wires do I use and what do I do with the leftover two?

The rear panel of the cab: 1-ohm switch, 2- out, 3-in right, 4- in left.

Wiring two equilavent speakers in parallel will halve the impendance(ohms). Wiring in series will double the resistance(ohms, again).

So, to have 4 16 ohm drivers have a overall impendance of 4 ohms, wire them all in parallel. All hot and grounds together.

Right. My problem is once I have the speakers wired in parallel, I don't know which of the four wires on the rear panel to go to, and then what to do with the ones I don't use.