Guaging interest on off-center stage 2 engine...

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
May be changing directions, so i may be selling my stage 2. It's complete, oil pan to plenum. Here's what it's got;

Block: 4.1 off center, casting # 25500016. NEVER damaged, only bored to 4".

Crank: Crower billett 3.625 stroke, recently freshened, .10/.10

Rods: Carillo 6.5" forged h-beam

pistons: Custom 4" bore JE from DLS engines, 9 to 1 compression

Cam: Custom Comp solid billett roller by DLS, Comp race solid roller lifters

Timing: Progear billet w/DLS thrust assembly

Timing cover: New 14 bolt GM cover, modified with Duttweiler external wet sump oil pump, and Meziere HD electric water pump.

Oil pan: Custom Stef's sheetmetal alum. wet sump pan

Balancer: BHJ internal balance

Flexplate: JW "the wheel" high inertia

Heads: Buick stage 2 "031" aluminum, oil line fed, p+p by chapman, cometic gaskets, Valves-2.08"int, 1.65"exh, recently freshened by champion

Rockers: T+D shaft, modified for standard ball/ball pushrods

Intake: Edelbrock 4 barrel converted to fuel injection by Wilson Manifolds, (injector bungs, fuel rails) Precision 100mm square bore plenum, ford style accufab 90mm throttle body, 160 lb. injectors, racetronix inj. harness.

Ignition: MSD pro billet distributor- pn# MSD-8551, MSD-8261 HVCII coil, MSD-31199 8.5 mm race plug wires.

Alternator: Bracket- 200 amp alternator with champion relocator bracket, RJC pulley.

Turbo: Precision PTE-88 mid frame. Wastegate- Tial billet external 44mm

Headers: Conley customized stainless ATR stage 2 (assembled with more clearance to plugs)

The way i figure it, i have somewhere in the neigborhood of $23-25k invested in this thing. EVERYTHING was spec'd by Dan Strezo at DLS, and was freshened just before the end of last season, where i ran it on the last day of the track being open. went EASY 9 flat all day long, on only 21-22 lbs of boost. and a fat tune of around 10.75 to 1 A/F. I'm sure once it's cranked to the turbo's sweet spot, (around 30-35 lbs) it's an easy low 8 engine. if someone were to plop down 18k, i'd yank it out and send it. any takers? :biggrin:

I also have tons of other stuff that could be sold with it, (RJC IC-475P megacooler, aeromotive pro series pump, controller and all braided lines, FAST system, custom caspers engine wire harness, MSD 7AL2 plus box, AMS1000 boost controller w/C02 bottles, etc,etc, etc....)

Conleys stage 2 headers

Will you be willing to part with the stage 2 headers ? I am need of stage 2 headers ASAP.

Sorry Noe, At this point, it's all or nothing. I've had numerous PM's already to part it out, but i'm not willing to risk it. However, Someone who needs a lot of this stuff could buy the whole thing and part it out themselves... :cool:

I'm in a state of confusion at the moment :p kidding.. i'm actually in quebec, near montreal. I go to the nats every year. :biggrin:

You're in the 8's and still not happy....:confused:
What is this world coming to.........:rolleyes:
I can come over and pick it up while I get the other stuff....:D
I do accept donatins.:biggrin:

You're in the 8's and still not happy....:confused:
What is this world coming to.........:rolleyes:
I can come over and pick it up while I get the other stuff....:D
I do accept donatins.:biggrin:

joe, i'll never be happy. fast is never fast enough... BUT if i don't get any takers, i'm gonna stop babying this thing and see what it's REALLY capable of.. :cool:

Sure, u can pick it up with the sbc, but i hope you plan on bringing a little bit more $$$ ;)

joe, i'll never be happy. fast is never fast enough... BUT if i don't get any takers, i'm gonna stop babying this thing and see what it's REALLY capable of.. :cool:

Sure, u can pick it up with the sbc, but i hope you plan on bringing a little bit more $$$ ;)

Well, I hope you will stay with the V-6. I could run the Lemans instead, but I prefer the V-6...:)