GTA rims on GN

Ryan's87

I just recently came across the GNX look a like rims off of a 88 Trans AM GTA. I want to put them on my 87 GN but need a little help. The tires on the GTA rims are 245 50 16 and of course the stock tires on the GN are 215 65 15. The GTA set is front and rear. Will this work? What is the easiest way to do it? What spacing if any is required on the front or rear? What size tire can I use to cover the GTA rims but are small enough to fit under the GN? I know the 245 50 16 are trouble to get under the rear of the GN? Any help provided is appreciated. Thanks.

I just recently came across the GNX look a like rims off of a 88 Trans AM GTA. I want to put them on my 87 GN but need a little help. The tires on the GTA rims are 245 50 16 and of course the stock tires on the GN are 215 65 15. The GTA set is front and rear. Will this work? What is the easiest way to do it? What spacing if any is required on the front or rear? What size tire can I use to cover the GTA rims but are small enough to fit under the GN? I know the 245 50 16 are trouble to get under the rear of the GN? Any help provided is appreciated. Thanks.

245/50/16 will fit all around on 4 Front GTA rims. I had them on mine. It's the biggest without changing anything, however, the front will rub in a tight turn.

I have put 225/55/16's on the front and 255/50/16 on the rear. The rear will require a 5/16" spacer and longer wheel studs. The 255 are the same height as a stock tire. The 225 for the fronts being .3" shorter.

I'd love to get you a picture, but it's still on stands:mad:

Rich

5/16" rear spacers will work in rear with GTA rears. u will prob need to get longer wheel studs, or they do sell 1" spacers with studs installed for your T/R but I don't know how these will hold up to the hp these cars put out. but it will put your GTA rears out close to where GNX wheels should be.

when i first got my car, i put the GTA's from my Nova on the Regal with 255/50 Goodyears, and there were no clearance issues aside from a slight rub on the front at full steering lock.
i was running the front rims on the rear without spacers, and the rears on the front with 5/16" mr gasket spacers. the only clearance issue i had was that the tierods ate up the wheel weights on the front- but that cleared itself up really fast...
i now have 4 fronts on the car with 245/50 Fuzions, and it looks and clears like it's an oem fit.
the best part- besides the mean look and low unsprung weight- is that the tires are the same diameter as the oem tires, so the speedo is still right on.

Thanks For The Help

Thanks for all the info provided. I think I m gonna get all 245 50 16 and use the adaptor plate that Kirban sells on the rear. So after all is said and done the GTA fronts will be on the GN front and the GTA rears will be on the GN rear. According to Kirbans, with that plate this setup will work. Has anyone tried it to know for sure or heard if it really does work? Thanks

Ryans87

Ive got the 4 fronts on mine with no spacers. 255/50/16.

Attachments

• 87nat 001 (Custom).jpg
    87nat 001 (Custom).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 300
4 fronts for me also.

255-50-16 in back 245-50-16 in front

Bob

Attachments

• bobs_gn.jpg
    bobs_gn.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 307
4 fronts on mine also, slight rub at full lock in right turn only.

Attachments

• New pics, '87 turbo-t after SC&C install 001.jpg
    New pics, '87 turbo-t after SC&C install 001.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 266
Need Help Yet Again

I finally got the GTA rims (front and rear) and decided to use 245 50 16s with them. I m putting the GTA fronts on the GN front and the GTA rears with adaptor plates on the GN rear. My problem now is finding someone on Gods green earth that has either blank GTA or GNX center caps. I just want the actual center cap and no sticker or medallion in the middle. Is this possible to find? I bought the Kirban GNX style center caps but of course they dont work along with the valve stems they sold me. This will be the last time I use them for anything. Thanks for any help provided again?

yes, the "kirban style " wheels are like american racing crap wheels. IMO. ( i think he gets like $1000 a set too!! :eek: his caps will not work on factory GTA wheels. u should have have asked on here before u bought. u could prob. sell them to someone here in the "for sale" section. good luck