GT6152, Questions

I'm 98% sure that the turbo that I'll be using in my setup will be a GT6152. Now I have other questions.

I've seen them from 2 different companies, Limit Engineering and Precision Turbo, they're both distributed by Full Throttle Speed but the question is, Limit or Precision?

GT 6152 or GT 6152 S ?

Are repair kits avaliable for this turbo?

Will it work with a 2800-3000 converter? They're supposed to be great street/strip turbos. Mine will be 99% street/daily driven, uphills, traffic jams, etc.

What type of warranties are usually offered with this type of parts?

I'd like to hear everything, from feedback from other users to vendors input.

Thanks a lot!!

Edit:
Goal: Low 11's to high 10's power, 100% daily driver street car.

I'm 98% sure that the turbo that I'll be using in my setup will be a GT6152. Now I have other questions.

I've seen them from 2 different companies, Limit Engineering and Precision Turbo, they're both distributed by Full Throttle Speed but the question is, Limit or Precision?

GT 6152 or GT 6152 S ?

Are repair kits avaliable for this turbo?

Will it work with a 2800-3000 converter? They're supposed to be great street/strip turbos. Mine will be 99% street/daily driven, uphills, traffic jams, etc.

What type of warranties are usually offered with this type of parts?

I'd like to hear everything, from feedback from other users to vendors input.

Thanks a lot!!

Edit:
Goal: Low 11's to high 10's power, 100% daily driver street car.

I purchased mine straight from Precision and it is the GT6152E. I am running a stock block with a vigilante 3200 stall converter and I am very pleased with the turbo. Most turbo's come with a one year warranty. I am not sure about a smaller converter, you may want to call precision and see what their thoughts are. I drive mostly on the street with my car and I hit the track occasionally. You can expect 12.0's in street trim with 20 lbs of boost, however I run 91 octane and ALKY.
Hope this helps.

With the S turbo, you will have a 4" inlet that is bigger and will flow a little more air. May induce a little more lag too so probably better suited more for a race only application as opposed to a street car, unless you have a very high stall converter. When buying my GT6152, I already had an expensive chrome MAF pipe and was still using the stock MAF so I didn't really want to change pipes or gets adaptors, etc to upgrade to a 4" inlet. Also, there is the possibility that depending on what MAF pipe and adaptors you use, you could rub against the IAC coming out under the throttle body and would need something like an IAC angle boss or a Caspers IAC adaptor to move the IAC out of the way. The BuickGN 4" MAF pipe setup should clear the IAC though.

Read up on some about Precision or Limit to decide which one you prefer, or flip a coin. I think I read somewhere that the Precisions may have a little more top end while the Limit may have a little less lag based on the housings, but I don't know if each company uses different housings for this turbo or not.

As far as your converter, you'll probably be a little laggy, as ideally you should have a 3200-3400 stall and a smaller converter such as a 10.5" or 9". Using an RJC or grainger type boost controller will help the laggyness. Stepping down to a 6131 means it has a smaller exhaust housing and will spool faster, but will make less power. I would go with a 6131 if you only have a 2800-3000 stall. If you plan on restalling or getting a new converter down the road, then the 6152 would work.

The 6152 turbo is high 10sec/low 11sec turbo with ported heads, so it fits in with your stated goal.

Thanks a lot for the replies, got me thinking, please keep them coming, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one getting something out of thir discussion.

Thanks a lot

Gt6152s

just for the guys who need a visual...:smile:

turbo-comparison1.jpg

turbo-comparison12.jpg

Thanks a lot for your input, could you provide some more information on the 6131e?

Well with your goal of bottom 11's, high 10's the 6152 is probably the better bet. I don't know that it will spool too well with a 2800-3000 if it is a 12" converter. With a 9x11 it might work ok.

You will also needs some engine work, like heads and roller cam if your thinking going that fast.

GREAT PICS! I found a tool on another thread here, I'm guessing, is there any other "equivalent or similar" turbo out there?