gt 6152

pwrdbypsi

Thinking of buying a gt6152, What do you guys think about this turbo? anyone have this turbo? how does it feel and what converter do you have? Any problems or reasons to stay away? Thanks , Alex

The 52 exhaust wheel will require about a 3200 stall convertor to spool nicely. I have a GT61 with a smaller 31E exhaust wheel (same exhaust wheel as in the TE44) with a 2700 stall convertor spools nice, a 3000 stall would be perfect as I do have a little bit of a problem getting it fully spooled from the time I'm staged to the time the light turns green at the track.

Does anyone know the diffrence between the gt 6152 from limit eng. and precision. full throttle.com has the limit eng. gt6152 for $100 less than the precision one.

pwrdbypsi said:
Does anyone know the diffrence between the gt 6152 from limit eng. and precision. full throttle.com has the limit eng. gt6152 for $100 less than the precision one.
I'm guessing its the exhaust housing. They have the same turbine wheels, and Presion designs their own exhaust housings. The Limit may be a Garret housing, ask them if it is, and if its yes, there's your answer...But they could be different A/R ratios, typical are generally .63 and .82 A/R
Now whats the difference from a Garret housing and a Presion housing. A Presion usually makes more power at the top end while the Garret housings will spool a little faster...generally speaking. Bigger A/R means it can produce more power on the top end, but spoolup will suffer...regardless of the turbine wheel size.
So lots of things work together that can effect spoolup..wheel size, A/R, and maker of exhaust housing.

I have the gt6152 bought from aggressive auto last year. It has a Precision housing on it and it is from limit engineering. Limit uses precision housing too. Mine was 675 .

I was kind of wondering the same thing as I just ordered the GT6152s last weekend from Full Throttle. I'm going to end up going with about a 3,000-3,200 stall for mine.....should do pretty well for spoolup. I'm also doing a FMIC, plus just added the LT1 maf/Trans, so should be interesting to see how it spools/runs when everything is done. Probably end up getting booted from the track for no rollbar......LOL.

I also have a PT6152 that I'm doing to use with VPE Racing Stage 3 heads/intake, but I only have a 3K stall 9.5/12" converter. I'm sure after the brief lag period, the tires will probably go up in smoke.

Drives pretty good. But laggy with a stock D5 converter. I'm running 24 lbs of boost with alky 42.5 and 93. Stock engine. Its a beast on the top end compared to the ta49 I had. Just no bottom end. I picked it up from Aggressive for $625 3 weeks ago. I need a converter and a front mount.

I have had the LT6152 on my car for a year or so and really like it. It definately needs at least a true 3200 stall or I would say a 3400 for a stockish engine. You won't feel the difference in stall around town until you really get on it and it starts to spool. I am taking the car to the track this Friday to see what it will due with the new combo in my sig. I will only run 20# this time around but can tell you this thing pulls just as hard at 15# boost than it did at 21-23# with the stockish combo and same turbo.

3200 to 3600 stall on the convertor works real nice with this turbo. I am currently running an Art Carr 9 inch N stall which stalls at 3800 spool is instant at the line but a little loose for a street car. The 3000 stall convertor that was previously in the car was way too tight and made it hard to build boost at the track, but was more fun on the street than the 3800. This is with the GT6152 from Full Throttle.

I love mine...I have a 3400 9" stall and when the pedal drops all hell breaks loose :D