GSCA header feedback

jlat

hello peoples; There have been alot of GSCA (I was told) headers sold and I'd like to here some feedback on the product from people who bought them. I believe they have only been out for like 6 months but that's enough time to give some words and reviews.
IBBY

hello; I gave it the weekend and there has not been one comment on the subject. I have it posted at another TB site with no response there either. There has been one here and it seems he has nothing to say and chooses not to comment.
That must mean something?
IBBY

Where did you read lots of them had been sold? The GSXtra rag? I wouldnt believe the sky was blue if I read it in there. If someone here was running them, Im sure they would comment on them.

I looked them over at the nats and wasnt impressed.
Had mig wire loose inside the headers in several places 2 broke off with ease with my finger had a thin piece of thin pipe sliver rattling around on the pasenger side header.The loose slag would have taken out the turbine wheel on your turbo.
They also have ball and socket crossover frit which is a gaint fail....They will distort and become hard to seal as the stockers if they are taken apart and put back to gether a few times or someone overtorques them.
They will have the same cracking problem on the drivers side IMO.
Its not a performance designed header style wise.
My vote gets the TA SS performance style are your best all around bet IMO for a DD. Weekend low miler then the Mild steels that are coated.
I have had the mild steel TA's crack on the on a 11 second DD/Racer that gets tons of miles.
Drivers side and crossover no issues.
Only get headerts if your stock ones are shot and cant be fixed first tho!

Where did you read lots of them had been sold? The GSXtra rag? I wouldnt believe the sky was blue if I read it in there. If someone here was running them, Im sure they would comment on them.

Come on they MADE 1000 or MAYBE 500 "sets" :p chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp .. all I am hearing are crickets :biggrin: jlat BUY them then give YOUR feedback !!!

hello; I don't mind being the guinea pig for somethings but when that something comes with a price tag like that I'll pass.
So far no owners feedback and that means a no go for me.
I might call them today and listed to there sales talk somemore. Well see.
IBBY

hello; I don't mind being the guinea pig for somethings but when that something comes with a price tag like that I'll pass.

IBBY

AND that my friend is why companys don't build stuff for a limited market like the Buicks !!

I received mine the day I left for the Nat's and just had a chance to unpack and take a look yesterday. Was a bit worried as they were packed in a regular header sized box and loose inside, but thankfully they were adequately wrapped with lots of bubble wrap so no damage during shipping. Overall, I would say, I'm not overly impressed with the overall quality, the welds could definitely be prettier. They look like normal production MIG welds, no nice stacked dimes look on these welds. I didn't notice any loose slag, or anything else on the inside. The pipes could have been fit and trimmed a bit better internally in my opinion. Not sure how the coating will hold up long term, the inside appears to be coated only near the openings like over spray. Before I install them I might send them out for Jet Hot or other coating. I was disappointed when they originally advertised they would be made from stainless and then changed to mild steel. I don't know when or if I'll get them installed on the car so I can't give any feedback on fit or how they work. Of course in the latest GSExtra, they talk about how great they fit and work, so we'll see. Supposedly several sets were made before full production and changed were made due to feedback, so hopefully these will be trouble free.

hello; Goodluck with your purchase and futher comments will be appreciated. The word of mouth is the best way as if you do call GSCA they do make them sound good. I suppose this is true with all product employees.
thanks for your comments
any chirping I do is from plone calls to who ever
IBBY

I received mine the day I left for the Nat's and just had a chance to unpack and take a look yesterday. Was a bit worried as they were packed in a regular header sized box and loose inside, but thankfully they were adequately wrapped with lots of bubble wrap so no damage during shipping. Overall, I would say, I'm not overly impressed with the overall quality, the welds could definitely be prettier. They look like normal production MIG welds, no nice stacked dimes look on these welds. I didn't notice any loose slag, or anything else on the inside. The pipes could have been fit and trimmed a bit better internally in my opinion. Not sure how the coating will hold up long term, the inside appears to be coated only near the openings like over spray. Before I install them I might send them out for Jet Hot or other coating. I was disappointed when they originally advertised they would be made from stainless and then changed to mild steel. I don't know when or if I'll get them installed on the car so I can't give any feedback on fit or how they work. Of course in the latest GSExtra, they talk about how great they fit and work, so we'll see. Supposedly several sets were made before full production and changed were made due to feedback, so hopefully these will be trouble free.

Thanks Mike, pics... =)

hello; Fast87 they did come with Remflex gaskets correct? I was told they did and also it's suppose to be a made of material better than mild steel.
IBBY

I have 2 sets of these that came in a couple weeks ago that I haven't even opened the boxes yet.
my plans have long since changed for my cars as this was several months ago that I ordered them.
if anybodys interested, make me a offer. I can post pics probably sometime in the next couple days.
I think I gave about $650 a set for them. can't exactly remember though

hello; Post the pics and well see what happens. Lets here about your change of plans.
IBBY

hello; Fast87 they did come with Remflex gaskets correct? I was told they did and also it's suppose to be a made of material better than mild steel.
IBBY

Yep, came with all REMFLEX gaskets.......and after re-reading the GSXtra back issues the headers are made from a "special alloy steel", so yes, better than just mild steel.
The flanges are 3/8 inch thick and welded inside and outside. All the hardware to install is included also.
Overall I'm very satisfied with the end product, my car will never be a all out race car, so an all out race header is not what I need.
As for pictures, they look just like these in a picture from the GSXtra.
img001.jpg
I know they made approximately 40 extra sets if anyone is interested, contact the GSCA. 229-244-0577

Guess the biggest thing I dont care for is the ball and socket fit v bands would have been awesome.

hello; Post the pics and well see what happens. Lets here about your change of plans.
IBBY

they will be overkill for a mid 11 car. just simply not needed for my new goals.

I just opened the box. very nice. basically look just like the postons, which I was a fan of, especially the crossover. and as pointed out in post 15, just like the pic.
they look so nice, I'm a little hesitant to sell now, lol! I paid $595 plus shipping. If somebody is interested, I'll let them go, but I'm not coming down very much

Sorry Jay, but it sounds like they were described correctly in the Xtra. The sky is blue after all!!!

I have seen them in person, and they look nice. For a somewhat mass produced header the workmanship is excellent, and there was a lot of thought that went into their design.

I built a 250" iron headed stroker that has a set of these installed. Fitment was very good, performance has yet to be determined...

K.

Heard about these before I purchased my stock style TA headers. No regrets as mine fit perfect and I am pleased with the performance, but it is nice to see someone else making headers for our cars. It's nice to have options especially in a community so small as ours. As far as performance goes I'd venture to say most of these headers are fairly close for the majority of cars in the 11's or 10's. Heck, there have been TRs in the low 10's high 9's with the stockers.