grrr

sprayed65

Where might one find a yolk for a TH400? I have one but it's too long for the stock driveshaft to work on my TTA and I got a shorter driveshaft but the driveshaft is too short now....I've been to the local junkyards and they point me in the direction of their "driveshaft pile" and Im tired of trouncing through the mud.

The one I have is about 8-9 inches long, maybe even 10 inches...

I need one closer to the length of the stock 200r4 yolk...

(never thought I'd complain about having 10 inches)

Ryan

cool...thanks...can anyone verify this?

Only the late 700's in trucks. The ones in cars are all small like the 200 ,350 transmissions. What length yoke do you need? I have a few nice ones here that i have aquired over the years. I have one thats approx 5" on the area the slides into the trans. The other are really nice and are out of early Corvettes. They require straps to hold the u-joint in place and are about 1.5 inches shorter. If the 5" one is too long you could cut off a little but i dont see a problem with it as is. $50+ship for the 5" one.

heck I'll settle for a correct part number for a new dealer part if anyone knows it?

Heck, new ones are not very expensive. Measure from the trans yoke seal surface on the tail shaft, to the centerline of the u-joint bearing cap on the pinion yoke. Call Dynotech, and you'll have the correct driveshaft/yoke you need in about a week. :cool: Brian