Group TM IC purchase? Jay please read

tjhgn85

The Fast and the Furious
Jay,

I know the latest price of the Turbo Motion kit IntakeV1.2 was $1400. I know back in June you lowered that to $1300 for a couple of weeks. If there was a group purchase of like 8 or 10 would you consider droping the price a little for a group purchase? Not sure if I could find 10 people to spend the cash but I'm one of them so we got 9 more. Let me know, thanks jay.

Tim

I've been wanting the non IC intake. I would be interested in a group purchase but it would take a few months to get the money. I would be in with a little advance notice.

COOL

im looking to do the the v1 ntake soon. u have any deals going on or what? how much for the v1 hotair intake?

brent

You guys should seriously consider the V2 intake setup.

I can only recognize the rationale of wanting to stay V1 being the stock appearance factor.

The V2 can be used "Hot-Air." It eliminates the dreaded turbo/intake adapter and the loss of air flow from having to use that transition piece.

The V2 gives you future upgrade options as well.

Well cool 84 we got me and you so far. I'm going to go with it no matter what but I figured this way maybe it would give Jay some good bus, get some more of us hooked up with IC's and save some $$$$$$ all at once.

Tim

I'd so be in in a few months :( but I have to wait for the car to go away for the season first so I can recover some debt :( But I want a TM kit in the worst way to go with the new turbo and injectors/chip. Maybe I'll wait and see what happens here...

Is the intercooler bone-stock? Or is it modified Duttwieler-neck style?

Intercooler

The intercooler is a stock unit with the inlet necks cut off as you don't need them with this kit. Straight in and straight out.

Zack

group purchase

You guys dont know how bad I would like to do this. I would do a group purchase if we could get 8 (eight) people. And I really would like atleast 4 people to go with the ford IC all 8 would be best but I know some people dont want frontmounts. These numbrs are not in stone, if everyone wanted stock IC's that would be just fine with me.
If we can get eight people the price would be 1250.00 plus shipping
if we get 10 people it will be 1199.99 plus shipping.
We would need half the money when ordering and half right before shipping the units out.
Please let me know if this sounds fair to all those interested.
jay

Let's all try and find a date we can agree on. Some of us are not ready to order, but are definately interested. IE: me and dave84gn live two minutes away from each other, we could save on shipping by getting them delivered to the same place. But we won't be ready for a while, anyways. I'm working my ass off to make it happen, though :)

Sound super Jay!! I was hoping you would like this idea.

Everyone I have a POLL out on who would want to get in on this, can everyone go to that poll and select yes or actually better yet can EVERYONE that wants this email me at (tjhgn85@home.com) by Sept 14th. That gives us a little over 2 weeks. I would say we order by Oct 1st. What does everyone think?

Tim

This is why Jay kicks so much ass! I wish I had more $$$ to throw around. Anyways what would it cost me to upgrade to a Ford I/C with all mandral bent pipes. This would be a next year mod - if I ever have luck on my side.

Just curious but what does the hotair style intake go for? I'm in the process of doing the Ford IC right now but I want to keep the hotair style intake.

At this time im not producing the hot air intake. I have completly re-designed the intake and have not tested yet. Drew Carlton will be doing the testing so has to have no biased passes on the car. I have some good feelings about it but only track time will tell.
Cool84, will the front mount throttle body style not work for your application?
Jay

if Drew's got it, it'll run right. Especially with the bigger wheel. I'm excited to hear about his results, 12.1's on a 33 with an older intake, and it's only going to get better IMO. :) Can't wait to see :)

Some of us are not ready to order, but are definately interested. IE: me and dave84gn live two minutes away from each other, we could save on shipping by getting them delivered to the same place.

Sounds good. Like Mike, I barely have any money to throw around (especially now -- just bought a new engine) but am DEFINITELY interested in the kit. I'd absolutely love to grab a Ford IC kit. I think that would allow for so much more upgrades in the future. From what people in the general tech area have said, this intercooler is pretty much the best out there, especially for the price :) Huge cooling surface and great flow. 2x18x30 inches on the core alone!

My concern about the ford i/c is fitting it in. I guess if Jay made up a kit there wouldn't be too much to worry about... I just don't want to have to get out the hacksaw and start cutting away half my car :eek:

Dave

Jay, I'm sure the other intake will work fine on my car. I don't really take it to the track, but I do go to the streetraces and I would still like to be able to pass it off as stock with an intercooler. I can get away with the little things like the TB being in the wrong place but that intake would make it look like a race car.

What would the IC intake go for minus the IC?

Originally posted by tjhgn85
Sound super Jay!! I was hoping you would like this idea.

Everyone I have a POLL out on who would want to get in on this, can everyone go to that poll and select yes or actually better yet can EVERYONE that wants this email me at (tjhgn85@home.com) by Sept 14th. That gives us a little over 2 weeks. I would say we order by Oct 1st. What does everyone think?

Tim

I would be in if you can make it later on in october, like the end.Bad time right now but I can do it then fer sure.Anyone else need more time?

Is there somewhere that I can read about what is involved in the installation? I have a stock 85 GN that I'm just starting to work on. This board has been a great help!

quote:TurboBuickSix
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tjhgn85
I would be in if you can make it later on in october, like the end.Bad time right now but I can do it then fer sure.Anyone else need more time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If everyone can start emailing me (tjhgn85@home.com) and just simply put yes your in for October 1st or your in for late October. Then when we get eveyone down we can decide on early or late October. But I need eveyone to email me so I got your email and we can plan this out for Jay.

Tim

If everyone can start emailing me (tjhgn85@home.com) and just simply put yes your in for October 1st or your in for late October.

Tim, what you've started to organize sounds amazing -- a group discount would be great. Also, what I really love is the possibility of getting the Ford IC in the mix, that thing's a beast and would REALLY open up the potential of our cars.

Anyway, I'd love to email you and say "yep I've got $2300 CDN sitting under my pillow that I don't know what to do with, hook me up", but that ain't going to happen :) I'd really love to get in on this, but I'm afraid I can't commit :( About to drop a new engine in and then go from there. Since school's starting in under two weeks I'll be dropping down to near zero income :(

So that's where I'm at. But if things heat up I *might* be able to hit up someone for a loan. We'll see. My car will be stored by Nov1 I can pretty much guarentee that as we'll definitely have snow by then. So I'm looking more at next season (Feb, early March maybe).

Hope things work out, from what I've heard Jay's an amazing guy, so things should go smoothly and everyone should end up happy.

Dave