Group buy EGT packages

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
I found these really cool thermocouple meters that do datalogging both internally and via. RS-232 to a PC. I am putting together a package and am seeing who would be interested. I am shooting for 10+ units.

Here's the package:
Picture%20002.jpg

EL Backlighting:
Picture%20020.jpg

Here’s the PC Datalogging:
DL2.jpg

DL3.jpg

Here's what's included:

1 - Extech 421509 Dual Input Thermocouple Meter/Datalogger with Alarm
FEATURES:
- Backlit Electro-luminescent 4 ½ digit LCD Diplay (Backlighting is blue)
- MIN/MAX/AVG Record/Recall
- Data Hold, Relative Mode, Elapsed Timer
- Bi-directional Optical RS232 serial PC interface
- Internal memory stores 16 datasets with 1024 max data capacity
- User-settable alarms (both high and low) with ability to trigger other devices upon alarm via 6-pin DIN connector
- Adjustable TC offset
- Accepts Type J, K, T, E, R, S, N TCs
- Includes two general purpose ‘low’ temp probes 500deg F max
- K type Range/Resolution: -328 to 2501deg F @ 0.1deg F Res
- Accuracy (K): +- 0.05% rdg + 0.6deg F
- Deg F/C selectable units
- PC-based software package to talk/read the 421509 with logging and plotting

1 – 6’ Type K Weld-in/Clamp-on Probe
FEATURES:
- 6’ Stainless braid armored sheathing (I can get longer ones if needed)
- Subminiature TC connector
- Closed loop exposed junction tip for quick response
- All-fuel compatible up to 2000deg F
- 1/8” or ¼” Weld-in style with bung or Clamp-on available

OPTIONS:
- Add another probe: +$50.00
- Add 9V regulator/adapter to run off of IGN: +$10.00 – note: there is a 12V REGULATED input on the meter but the 9V regulator/adapter is hidden and allows regulation of 12V line without complexity.

It will be $220 (includes shipping) for the base package. If you would like to get the stuff on your own, that’s fine too… The cheapest I’ve found the meters for is $160+ship and the ‘complete’ probes from $60+.

I have been fooling around with this thing and it is really nice. The software is not too complicated and it is easy to go back and look at the data from a run. The alarms are very nice too… there is a loud beep that goes off when the user-set threshold is breached. The option to trigger another device is also quite intriguing. This could be used to trigger something in the DFI or simply flash a bright light. I am using the adapter/reg and that, too is very nice since I don’t have to worry about changing batteries. I have it turning on with IGN. You can also adjust how long the unit stays on (powered) from 5 to 19999min. For the Buick guys with gray dashes, you will also be happy to know that the holster and the unit itself match the interior perfectly!

Let’s see how many folks we can get rounded up! I can justify my time to set this all up if I have 10+ people. I would like to purchase and send them out in batches. The best method of communication is via email. To make my life easier, please put “EGT Purchase” in the heading if you want to buy one and “EGT Question” in the heading if you have questions. Thanks!

Contact Info:
Phil Mease
email: spoolinup@gmail.com

Yes, send me an email... I'll let ya know what he told me.

We have a few interested in the EGTs

2 are IN for a buy.