Ground Locations

blipmode188

Alot of people have mentioned to check the gnd behind the head on the passenger side.Can anyone tell me how to even get to it ?
The engine seems to really sit back close to the firewall and there is a fairly large wiring harness running right between the engine and the firewall.
I need to check it, but cant even figure out how to get to it
Also does anyone have any idea of how many other grounding locations there are on these cars ?
I know about the one behind the drivers side taillight also.
Any help would be appreciated.

It's not easy, but you should be able to access the grounds on the ps head. Perhaps move the harness and/or coil/ign pack. Many guys relocate them to an intake manifold bolt or use a Caspers ground stretcher. The battery ground is located on the lower turbo bracket bolt. There is also a ground on the fender next to the battery.

The rear of the passenger side head is a real PITA to get to. I installed the Casper's ground relocation kit and recall that I got to the stock ground location from under the car, reaching up with an open end wrench, got it to turn one little bit at a time. Fortunately, you only have to do this once.

OK, I looked at the gnd extender, makes sense to me
and I also read the directions. A couple of things
Is the gnd connection on the cylinder head itself or attached to the firewall ?and it also said
the BOLTS are hard to access
Is there more than one gnd bolt
Thanks for your help.

Let me guess, their diagram shows a bunch of blk with wht stripe wires.
I noticed in the fuel pump relay a blk and wht stripe wire going to it.
My fuel pump along with the fuel gauge have both wacked out
The gauge quit working, then the pump started acting up also.
I checked the gnd in the trunk and it is good.
Do you think the gnd in the front could also do that ?

The Stretcher bolt goes on the firewall, the grounds are attached with the provided longer wires and then the silver ground wires are attached to the head and intake manifold. You don't have to re-attach to the cylinder head. Just find another good ground like an intake bolt or firewall.

NEED HELP FROM GN PRO'S. NEW REBUILT WATSON/RUPPLE MOTOR IN MY 87 GN. PROBLEM IS FLOODING AT STARTUP AND FOULING PLUGS , HAD FUEL IN OIL. I HAVE SET AND CHECKED CAM SENSOR 3 TIMES , TOOK VALVE COVER OFF LAST TIME TO BE SURE BOTH VALVES WERE CLOSED ON #1 CYLINDER. I BOUGHT NEW 60# DEKA INJECTORS COULD PROBLEM BE WITH INJECTORS? THANKS MIKE

NEED HELP FROM GN PRO'S. NEW REBUILT WATSON/RUPPLE MOTOR IN MY 87 GN. PROBLEM IS FLOODING AT STARTUP AND FOULING PLUGS , HAD FUEL IN OIL. I HAVE SET AND CHECKED CAM SENSOR 3 TIMES , TOOK VALVE COVER OFF LAST TIME TO BE SURE BOTH VALVES WERE CLOSED ON #1 CYLINDER. I BOUGHT NEW 60# DEKA INJECTORS COULD PROBLEM BE WITH INJECTORS? THANKS MIKE
First I would start a new thread stating your problem because not many will look at an 11 year old thread . Also turn off your caps lock .
It would help to have more info about your build and mods . If your chip is not burned for 60# injectors that could be part of the problem .