Greg Weld Wheels

ACLR8R

Anyone seen the new Greg Weld Wheels? I really like the looks of the dragstar, and updated prostar. I was also reading on an LS1 forum and they said that the 15 in wheels will clear LS1 brakes. Just wondering if any one has them yet and how they look.

FACTS from the forum

1. Greg Weld sold Weld Racing to American Racing In October of 2006
2. Greg Weld Wheels is a new company with new products that competes directly with American Racing and Weld Racing
3. Neither Greg Weld or myself signed or are under any kind of non compete with American Racing
4. We are not currently doing business with Forgitron.
5. The Greg Weld facility is located in Kansas City, MO
6. We Are working with ALCOA on some of our forged products.
7. The Dragstar name is a trademark of Greg Weld
8. Greg Weld designed the Weld Racing Prostar and Draglite in 1982. The new Greg Weld Dragstar and Prolite are completely re-engineered and improved variations of his original Prostar and Draglite wheels.
9. The new Dragstar and Prolite are LIGHTER and STRONGER than the original designs
10. No spacers are utilized in the new designs
11. YES these wheels were engineered to fit the 4th generation cars
12. YES stock studs will work
13. Yes the wheels will clear the calipers with NO grinding necessary.
14. Greg Weld Wheels are NHRA and IHRA legal

Greg Weld Design -

I looked at those new Dragstar's and if they had 15x8 with 4" backspace I would buy them, but like Weld Racing wheels they only offer 4.5" and 5.5" backspace :mad: They don't even come in 3.5" backspace. I don't care for the other design though...

I looked at those new Dragstar's and if they had 15x8 with 4" backspace I would buy them, but like Weld Racing wheels they only offer 4.5" and 5.5" backspace :mad: They don't even come in 3.5" backspace. I don't care for the other design though...

Haha yeah, that's the first size I looked at (15x8) hoping to see some better spacing options.

I like that they look like they are one solid piece, which should help eliminate the clicking that I get with my prostars.

clicking you get from center caps ?? well i just recieved on 6/5/08 2 dragster wheels for my 81 malibu my test fit revealed the shallow cap prevents the rim seating in the front ----spoke to greg weld degsins theres a new designed center cap being made wont be out for 6 to 8 weeks so keep in mind if you decide to order any