Greetings from Kansas City

Overdose

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Kansas City, MO area and just recently purchased my first 87 GN back in September. It was barely two-owner car when I purchased it (the second owner owned it less than a year) with just over 100k miles on it. It has a fairly fresh paint job, new turbo (stock from what I can tell), new headers, larger fuel pump/hot-wire kit, and other than that it is pretty much stock. I've also already had the pleasure of changing the front timing seal which led to a new timing chain while I had the cover off, that was quite the chore.

I've wanted one of these cars since I was a young kid (probably about 6, now 28) when my dad had an 87 442 Cutlass and pulled up to a stoplight next to a GN. I remember him telling me how he was going to blow the doors off of this V6 Buick. Once the light turned green the outcome was obviously quite different to his surprise and I remember a few curse words being said shortly after that. This has always stood out in my memory because the ole man was never wrong and never got beat, at least that's what us kids thought. So with that said these cars have grown on me since and I always knew I had to have one someday.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. This forum has already been a great resource for finding out about anything I want to know about these cars so I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes on here. I look forward to speaking with many of you soon.

Thanks,
Brandon

Good story. I like it when other young guys get into these cars. I'm about your age, and I too fell under the spell of these cars that are a little before our time. The good part about that is, that most of our fellow owners have been messing with these cars since they were new, have a ton of wisdom and experience with these cars, and are almost always helpful and willing to share their knowledge. I learned almost everything I know about these cars here. Bought it here too.

It sounds like you have an ideal car to start with. Now welcome to the dark side...and bring your wallet. ;)

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!!! :) Anyone mention to you.....don't forget your wallet? ;)

Is this the one from protow? I am in kc also. If that's the one from the lot then we had texted about me looking for a car. I will have mine this weekend. Cruise soon!