Green connector?? ID help

loaded86WH1

and should it be connected? I am drawing a blank as to what it is

Attachments

• greentab.jpg
    greentab.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 294
No, that's the tachometer underhood wire I think, if it's white, wipe off some dirt. ;)

SalvageV6 is right, as usual, that's the tachometer signal wire....the other black connector near that green connector is the fuel pump power wire...if you apply power to that wire, it'll turn on your fuel pump. (for draining the tank. That's another whole different topic)

Please note, SalvageV6 is considered the "electrical genius" here on the forum, no kidding......always listen to him, as he knows his stuff....he's helped me many times with electrical issues.....I swear by this guy....glad he's on the forum:) Never hesitate to ask him a question concerning electrical problems....I wish I was half as smart as he is!

Bruce '87 Grand National

No, that's the tachometer underhood wire I think, if it's white, wipe off some dirt. ;)

I thought I remembered it might be a tach wire. Funny question is why is that a factory "connection" if these cars did not come with a tach? I have the digital dash.

Verdict is: I should keep it unplugged?

Double "yes".:wink: Or fool your friends and put a tag on it that says "Caution: Nitro connection, Danger" :tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I thought I remembered it might be a tach wire. Funny question is why is that a factory "connection" if these cars did not come with a tach? I have the digital dash.

Verdict is: I should keep it unplugged?

It's a diagnostic test point. Leave it unplugged.

Bringing this thread out of the grave. I'm trying to wire a tach. What wire do I need to splice into to get signal to my tach? Either two white wires or the other single?

Bringing this thread out of the grave. I'm trying to wire a tach. What wire do I need to splice into to get signal to my tach? Either two white wires or the other single?

You tie it to both white wires unless you don't want the factory tach to work then you tie it to the wire that goes to the ignition module.

No splicing needed. Just put a female spade connector on the end of your tach's signal wire, and plug it into that green connector.