great weekend ends in great kill

1fast6

The wife and I were cruising home from Daytona(Turkey Rod Run) yesterday in the GN.
Car has been running awesome. 79 degrees outside, alky bottle full and primed, boost set at 24#:cool:

On I-4 with the cruise set at 70, just going with the flow... kind of heavy traffic. I keep noticing this
red 05 or newer mustang weaving in and out of traffic behind me. Not sure of the year. It has those big stupid
fog lights in the grill. Anyway, I finally catch a break in the traffic and goose it up to about 100 real quick to put some distance between me and the traffic.
A few miles up I see the mustang make his break so I slow to about 55 so he can catch me.

Were rolling side by side about 60 and I let him make the move. He jumps on it and I respond. No contest:biggrin: Ass end squated and it was over before he could say monte carlo:wink: Amazing how much torque these cars make when your above 20#
I took it up over 110 and let out. Figured he was probably pissed from all that work he did to catch that "old black car" and then to get his ass handed to him:biggrin:

The wife and I were cruising home from Daytona(Turkey Rod Run) yesterday in the GN.
Car has been running awesome. 79 degrees outside, alky bottle full and primed, boost set at 24#:cool:

On I-4 with the cruise set at 70, just going with the flow... kind of heavy traffic. I keep noticing this
red 05 or newer mustang weaving in and out of traffic behind me. Not sure of the year. It has those big stupid
fog lights in the grill. Anyway, I finally catch a break in the traffic and goose it up to about 100 real quick to put some distance between me and the traffic.
A few miles up I see the mustang make his break so I slow to about 55 so he can catch me.

Were rolling side by side about 60 and I let him make the move. He jumps on it and I respond. No contest:biggrin: Ass end squated and it was over before he could say monte carlo:wink: Amazing how much torque these cars make when your above 20#
I took it up over 110 and let out. Figured he was probably pissed from all that work he did to catch that "old black car" and then to get his ass handed to him:biggrin:
And your trying to sell the car???? WHY??

And your trying to sell the car???? WHY??

I have a 69 SS camaro that I have been restoring for a while now. I need the $$ to finish it. if the GN doesn't sell it will be put away until camaro is done then I will pull the motor and build a balls to the wall 9 sec. GN with cold A/C:cool:

Nice kill.
So he didn't do the typical exit stage left that Stang drivers are known for executing after being executed?

Nice kill.
So he didn't do the typical exit stage left that Stang drivers are known for executing after being executed?

no he was stuck on the interstate to suffer for a while as the next exit wasn't for several miles:biggrin: The icing on the cake was a dodge magnum that witnessed the whole thing, came up next to me and gave a big thumbs up.

Mustang...
The other white meat.

Nice kill. Just remember. If you do sell your GN, you'll regret it and end up buying another. Turbo Buicks are the crack cocaine of muscle cars. :eek::D

Mike Barnard

Take it from someone who sold theirs......as big of a pain they are to work on, you can't beat the fun factor. You'll miss it when its gone. I say 6 months to a year and you'll be looking for another one...lol.

Take it from someone who sold theirs......as big of a pain they are to work on, you can't beat the fun factor. You'll miss it when its gone. I say 6 months to a year and you'll be looking for another one...lol.

Bingo! That is why i had to buy another one back in Feb. of 2010. I missed my 1st one i sold in 99. I also have a 2011 Stang 5.0 that will run circles around my GN thou.

BTW , Good kill

It's true about the crack thing. I sold mine in 2010 and here I am again looking for one, the cool thing is my wife is hooked also. She got mad and wouldn't talk to me for a day after I sold the last one.

Thats true. Sold my 86 gn whent tru a few car a bbc a sbc n after 2 years i just have to have another tb n here im with a 87 t..