Great Jack Cotton Story

crazy6

Dropped my car and a friends car off at Jacks for some goodies...

Went to go pick them up, I'm about 2 hrs away from him...

This is on friday I call him and Ask when he'll be around to pick them up, he said he's going Racing on Saturday and not be around till next week, but if I wanted he'd wait that day for me to drive up there. He really wanted to be there when I picked them up to make sure we were satisfied with everything.

So I start making calls to get some people to go with us to drive the cars back, I can't drive for a long time due to a recent car accident.

So Finally we head down there in my Excursion...get stuck in traffic, accidents, everything imaginable to make us late...

About 9pm all of a sudden the rear wheel on my Excursion starts to shake real bad...We pull over immediately and see that 7 of 8 Studs Sheered off completely off the wheel...No Idea why....

At this point we are only half way to Jacks...So I call AAA they have to CAll the Mass Turnpike authority to have us towed off the Turnpike to THEN be picked up by another tow company.

I call Jack and explain the situation, even though he's gotta leave at 4am the next morning...he says Tow it up to me and I'll see if I can fix it...

So finally the tow trucks arrive, we are on our way up there. I call Jack and he said he made it to the local AutoZone in time, but they only had 2 studs..
I never asked him to do that, he did that out of his own thoughtfulness.

Now its about 11pm, we finally get there, tired from standing outside on the highway, the a 4person cramped ride in a tow truck...Jack had hot fresh Chinese food and drinks there waiting for us..talking about a sight for sore eyes lol.

Jack goes over both our cars with us...Installs FAST on my laptop, Does a little more tuning on the FAST because we brought C16 for it, so he turned it up. Took it for a test drive made a few more changes..

Then we had to move my truck which Broke the last Stud as we tried to move it. The only way to move it was a jack under the axle and put the thing in 4wd

It was close to 1am when we left, Jack had to get up at 4am to leave for the track..

I just had to write this in show of my appreciation of his "above and beyond Customer Service"

And on Monday he had my truck all fixed up for me.

Thanks again Jack...Boths cars are running great.

:eek: Talk about a trip man. Can't say that I've ever had that bad of luck on a road trip. Silly Fords. They make their wheel studs out of bubblegum. :biggrin:

I had the same thing happen to my old 96 Astro, so its a chevy thing too. But I lose all mine at once, on the highway at 65-70mph! and saw my tire pass me on the highway. I was lucky it was an AWD, because it was the rear tire I lost, and the only thing that it messed up was the rear axle.
And yeah, Jack is a great guy. I drove my car 3 hours there on a trans that was on its way out (no 4th and reverse sometimes worked). He made sure the trans he put in worked great, and his guys got it together in good time so that I could get home before too late.

Wow that is an amazing story, that is way above and beyond customer service. I had the pleasure of meeting Jack at a bbq the weekend of englishtown and although I really didn't get a chance to speak with him, he seemed like a down to earth guy, not a stuck up individual that some act like when they know what they doing and know that they are needed.

Also sorry to hear about a horrible night I had one very similar. IT SUCKS...

Little6pack said:
You put Jack under the axle? Poor Guy! :biggrin:

Funny enough he was the one doing all the hard work...I felt so bad...I was in a car accident not to long ago and I'm useless as a honda on a drag strip.

He was the one dragging the jack under the axle as i backed it up.

Let's talk about service. I was trying to purchase a plenum spacer from Jack on Wed. I thought I was being a pain in his rear because I had called more than once that day. I called the last time for the day and ask Jack when he was going to close. He stated that he was closed for day :eek: He still took my order and the part arrived the next day. Jack's is really a good guy.

MIB said:
Let's talk about service. I was trying to purchase a plenum spacer from Jack on Wed. I thought I was being a pain in his rear because I had called more than once that day. I called the last time for the day and ask Jack when he was going to close. He stated that he was closed for day :eek: He still took my order and the part arrived the next day. Jack's is really a good guy.

why you be buggin my buddy Jack after hours ... :p

I need to call him ... havent found time lately ... maybe he'll surprize me with a call today .. :cool: