Gray plastic horn ring

FirstLC2

I'm looking for an original plastic, uncracked, in good condition (dark) gray horn ring.

Let me know if you've got one, and how much you want, thanks!

any luck finding one?

We sell a billet one that is powdr coated crinkle grey paint with same fake screws....advantage is, design is exact and it will never warp or crack.

GM design is poor since it is only secured by 2 screws at 3 and 9 o clock
adding heat and age to it and people over tightening them most are cracked.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

website kirbanperformance.com

I found these

See what you think... Sorry it took so long.

Attachments

• DSCF4068.jpg
    DSCF4068.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 155
We sell a billet one that is powdr coated crinkle grey paint with same fake screws....advantage is, design is exact and it will never warp or crack.

GM design is poor since it is only secured by 2 screws at 3 and 9 o clock
adding heat and age to it and people over tightening them most are cracked.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

website kirbanperformance.com

I actually purchased one of yours, but was disappointed in the detail of it. I felt it was not 100% exact as advertised. My main issue with it was the fake rivets, on yours they sit flush, on the original one they are recessed (as if to give the impression that they have been screwed down). Minor thing, but bugged the heck out of me.

Thanks for the reply though, but that's why i'm looking for an original plastic one now.

First time that has ever been old to us. Unfortunately, unlike GM we are not producing thousands in a mold these are machined, my source has to buy regular screws then cut them to give the appearance they are real and we have to get them powder coated first before the screws are glued in. very time consuming.

Its also dififcult to hit the correct dead on grey crinkle finish because our process is afr different than what Buick did.

Most owners can't tell the difference once its on the car. We also offer redone steering wheels
that are pretty much dad on correct actually stitched by hand by a lady that does Corvette steering wheels.

The reproduction plastic horn centers we also sell them you got to paint and they do not have the lip around them so although they are cheaper they are not correct either.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

First time that has ever been old to us. Unfortunately, unlike GM we are not producing thousands in a mold these are machined, my source has to buy regular screws then cut them to give the appearance they are real and we have to get them powder coated first before the screws are glued in. very time consuming.

Its also dififcult to hit the correct dead on grey crinkle finish because our process is afr different than what Buick did.

Most owners can't tell the difference once its on the car. We also offer redone steering wheels
that are pretty much dad on correct actually stitched by hand by a lady that does Corvette steering wheels.

I understand that they are are time consuming to make, and take a lot of patience to produce. It was most noticeable when the two real screws are tightened down, and the rest are flush. You have a nice product but it's just not for me.

My car has 15k on it and i'm trying to keep it original; I thought the metal would be a good so I wouldn't have to worry about it breaking. I guess in the end i'm just too picky to the level of detail that I want for my car, the metal replica was just too far off for what I am looking for.

Don't worry, you haven't lost a customer. Your company's customer service level is excellent and there are plenty of other products that I plan on purchasing from you in the future!

:frown: That stinks. Do any vendors offer paint to match that ring in the center? If they do, hope it's not as expensive as the horn ring itself.

i did not know there were so many different colors..

Hey, sorry for the wrong color combo... Thats why I posted a pic of it, I wanted you to see it before you bought it. To me it looks dark gray (Compared to horn button). Good luck! :smile:

Sorry but 87 did NOT come with dark gray, not saying someone hasn't put a dark gray one in the car though. I sent you pics. of some horn caps and a 84- dark gray.

In the pictures I posted above, the one in the middle is the shade of grey that came on my car. It's not real dark, but it is not light either.