Granetelli High Flow MAF

Sinister86

hey guys,
i need a new MAF also (seems to be a common thread her right now) but anyway i have 300 bucks in jegs gift certificates at my disposal and i want to get the granetelli high flow maf sensor for the ls1 (flows 47%more than a stock ls1 and is said to free up 10-15 hp on that engine) basically, i know that since it is a direct replacement on an ls1 that it should work for my application also with the proper translator. i just wanted to know if anyone was running this setup as of yet, and if they had any problem with it whatsoever? I think its going to be a really bad@$$ setup so let me know what you guys think too,
Taylor

Hey Taylor, don't waste your money on the granitelli MAF, he just takes the center support out of a regular LS1- MAF. Just get the regular GM one from GM parts direct, thats what I did. Then just port it a little. Some people say take the screen out and others say don't cause the screen keeps the air going straight thru the sensor wires. I saved qiute a bit buying from GM parts direct. Got any questions e mail me and I'll tell you what I did.:)
Tarey D.

don't waste your $$$.....the maf is not really a restriction on our engines...the problem is reading how much air is being sucked thru!

the lt1 & ls1 is a great replacement maf if you need one, but that alone will not gain much, if any hp...with the proper translator/chip you can have a more effective fuel curve because of the metering capability of those mafs

there are quite a few stock maf cars (well stock size at least) that go very fast...as in low 10's and even 9's

most faster cars do not have mafs...they use digital speed density systems

(I use a stock maf....)

Woody...

What alterations if any have you made to your MAF ?
Are you still running a factory ECM set up ?

:cool:

The 3.5 inch MAF part # 25179711 from GM Parts direct is $105. and about $22. ship and handling. The part # for the 3 inch MAF. is 25180303 and is $96. They list for $216. and $196 respectively. Not a bad savings.
Tarey D.:D

factory ecm, ME chip....stock maf has no screens, no cone...per Steve, it "flows" as well as the chebby mafs...the main restriction would be the neck down to the maf size from a 4" cold air...but not a big problem at the boost levels I run (23-25)

higher boost would benefit from a straight 4" run to the turbo (no maf)

hey guys thanks for the posts but i dont think that youve understood me
My maf CRAPPED OUT!!! lol, so now i need one and im jus saying i need to use the certificates soon and if i would have to spend $120 on another maf, then that would be out of my pocket while the gift certificates are like monopoly money to me;) unless of couse someone wants to buy my 300 dollars worth of certificates for 250??? hit me up if you do. and what about this maf'less setup idea? sounds like an interesting alternative.... thanks guys,
Taylor

if you need a maf, go with the ls1 and translator....no question

Max Effort mafless set up is very much a race only set up.....unless you are going 10's, it is not for you!

your original question was about the ported chebby maf.....no indication you needed a maf

get a stock chebby maf & translator

Granetelli High Flow MAF

hey guys,
i need a new MAF

i thought that was enough indication, i know what u mean though lol ;) yea im going to order the Ls1 maf tomorrow (stock unit from gm parts direct $105, thanks tarey) the translator is also going to be ordered tomorrow so hopefully i'll be prowling the strrets again in a week or less, next up:my electric exhaust cutout goes on :cool:

Even if you get a chebby MAF from Jegs, you still have to buy a translator from Ramchargers, or the MAF won't work.
Tarey D.

How in the world did you get $300 worth of Jeg's certs? When do they expire? You could get some tires or Hooker system.

Originally posted by azgn
......Max Effort mafless set up is very much a race only set up.....unless you are going 10's, it is not for you!.............

Actually, it works rather well on the street. Know of at least one street-driven GN with mafless Max Effort. It is a low 11 sec. car.

sinister, If you want to make a deal maybe we can. I will call and get a maf and translator sent you and you send me the gift certificates? Let me know if you are interested.

I got my maf from a junk yard off a police car(LT1 3in.) Took it apart blast the aluminum housing ,descreened t and it's perfect. I payed 10 bucks. use that free money on something else....

There are several Granniteli MAFs for sale on the LS1.com and cameroz28 bullitin boards right now. About $150 and up.