Grand national interior

I'll be honest...
I just purchased an interior kit from PUI for the NASTY WENDY rebuild car. My interior guy installed it, and was not impressed at all. He had to pack a serious amount of padding in order to make them look good, and not like a suit thats 3 sizes too big. We paid good $$$ for the kit, and I will never use one on my car...for sure. I would find a custom interior shop, and let them make patterns out of your existing seats, and make custom covers. You can buy the material from a roll. Also...the gray/silver they use matches like shit. A blind man past by the seats when I picked them up, and said..."Holy shit...that color isnt even close"...hahaha...just my opinion.

IMG_20140813_183602.jpg

IMG_20140709_141359.jpg

nos4gn.com

If you go PUI your gonna need the new cushions too. I had my seats done and my upholster added some padding to the seats and it still didn't look perfect. The material for the grey has a blueish tint to it while the factory material has a green tint . Do your door panels too or it will drive you nuts!!
pememu3a.jpg
a3a3y7uz.jpg

How come they can't match this right , I mean we are in the 21 st century for crying outloud . Who's making this stuff and saying you know that looks good . Cmon man .

What company is the best quality for redoing Grand Nat seats?
Best seat covers that I'm seeing is what nos4gn.com sells or locate original seats . But nos4gn always deals with high quality stuff and they will send you samples

I just did my complete interior with Nos4gn (Highway Stars). I did upper door panels, escutcheons, door strap covers, and front and back seat covers. It was their exclusive material. I am very pleased with how it fit and how it looks.

My thoughts:

Here is one of the issues that arises in any car line of reproduction parts. Example their may be 3 different reproductions of the same part offered by everyone. You may see one version in a friends car and like it and not know exactly what version it is. The original pallex material for some reason to my knowledge has never been matched dead on. One reason we sold original material quickly whenever we had it. Adding to the issue is in order to get a dead match even with original material it has to be off the same roll.

Making it even tougher is the original material is 25 years or older and if it has not been stored properly it will never look right. As it has been pointed out you got to make sure your cushions etc are all in good shape.

Another issue with the some of the reproductions is over a period of time probably due to sunlite or sun fade the grey turns almost to a color green in the car.

Again I am not knocking any of the various reproductions just giving my insight. As for door panels one issue is with the fitment at the top where it bends around by where it meets the glass area. One reason we do not offer reproduction upper door panels. To put this another way almost without fail most serious owners can spot a reproduction seat and door panels.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I just did my complete interior with Nos4gn (Highway Stars). I did upper door panels, escutcheons, door strap covers, and front and back seat covers. It was their exclusive material. I am very pleased with how it fit and how it looks.
A friend of mine is redoing his interior over winter do have any pics of your interior you can post up . Glad your pleased with it . Luckily all my interior is still original right down to the carpet n it's great shape .

Did all my seats for under $400.00
I cut out the middle man
Went to the supplier based out of
Mass !
No foam needed
Perfect fit I have not delt with the gn kit yet but I will be very soon
Will update with pics

Attachments

• 1413119507899.jpg
    1413119507899.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 1413119671396.jpg
    1413119671396.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 297
Did all my seats for under $400.00
I cut out the middle man
Went to the supplier based out of
Mass !
No foam needed
Perfect fit

Specs? Who, how, which company(s) do they supply? Do they have the door panels too?

I know GN's get all the press and the "good parts" and T's are in the shadows but several of the interior's I've seen for the T's are no where close to correct. One of the prominent vendors for the site had some T covers on display at a large meet. The cloth was close but the piping was obviously lighter than the seat material. After bringing this to his attention his attitude was like, "So, These are made by the biggest supplier and they're all like that. Take it or leave it." I would have hoped for, "I didn't know that. I will get with the manufacturer and see if they are aware of this." Made me feel like he didn't really care about supplying the best parts for anything but GN's. Anyway, the piping on yours looks right and even if we can't get your direct line it would be nice to know which vendors do carry it.
Thanks

I'll def give the OK for the NOS4GN kit. Glen is top of the line on every single product. In the game we play, you have to look at the item first, and the price second...if you really want the best part. You really cant be in the car hobby and be too cheap about it. I wish I would have known about the different interior kits before I started the NASTY WENDY car, but I never researched them. My own car is not in need of interior, so I had no real idea.

I'm not expecting the material to last forever, but it's total bs that the material doesn't match the color 100%. Problem is the middle man wants tooo much money, and in order to make it cost effective, so "we" will buy it, it to get it from china. Unless they have proof its made in the usa, I don't believe they are. It's sad. My driver's seat is falling apart and I have yet to find a repro material that matches and refuse to change one seat to whatever material is currently out there just so the rest of the car doesn't match.

Not to side track too much but is there a place making the reclining mechanism for the seat. I think mine lost the first 3 or so notches and I'm on permanent lean back. Tia

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not to side track too much but is there a place making the reclining mechanism for the seat. I think mine lost the first 3 or so notches and I'm on permanent lean back. Tia

Me too

IMG_2792.JPG IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2802.JPG IMG_2803.JPG IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2805.JPG IMG_2807.JPG IMG_2791.JPG
A friend of mine is redoing his interior over winter do have any pics of your interior you can post up . Glad your pleased with it . Luckily all my interior is still original right down to the carpet n it's great shape .
Here are some pics of the Highway stars Exclusive material. I have seat covers for the front seats as shown on passenger seat. I don't want to stain my new seats!
IMG_2792.JPG IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2802.JPG IMG_2803.JPG IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2805.JPG IMG_2807.JPG

Last edited:
That looks really good tonysmach , I'll show my friend who needs to redo his seats . This is what I want him to buy . Very nice.

I'm not expecting the material to last forever, but it's total bs that the material doesn't match the color 100%. Problem is the middle man wants tooo much money, and in order to make it cost effective, so "we" will buy it, it to get it from china. Unless they have proof its made in the usa, I don't believe they are. It's sad. My driver's seat is falling apart and I have yet to find a repro material that matches and refuse to change one seat to whatever material is currently out there just so the rest of the car doesn't match.

SMS auto fabrics has the grey Palex material. Go to their site and request a sample.
Palex sample I got the matched the area on my seat not sun faded. But it's around $80 a yard. If you want to go that route, you'll need a good upholsterer to unstitched the old and stitch in new material.