Grand National Featured On LSXTV

Imo it's just a regal with a ls motor. But still nice. When u cut the v6 heart out the GN part die to me.

x2 USMC Turbo 6 (& Semper Fi!)
2 many cylinders
(Get it "2" many? Two many, like too many, but I used the number 2!
"cause it's a V-8...
NOT a V-6... 2 many cylinders!
Anybody? Anybody?
Bueller... Bueller?!? :confused:

Do_O

It's still a GN but better! How many e85 8 second GN street cars are roaming the streets? Not many. Just out there pounding on everything street driven...period!

It's still a GN but better! How many e85 8 second GN street cars are roaming the streets? Not many. Just out there pounding on everything street driven...period!
So by your definition a guy that's gone through a sex change is an improvment because it can run the 100 yard dash faster than any woman would be great?o_O Sorry but it may be faster but there's something to be said for originality of the car.;)

So by your definition a guy that's gone through a sex change is an improvment because it can run the 100 yard dash faster than any woman would be great?o_O Sorry but it may be faster but there's something to be said for originality of the car.;)

Charlie I'm with you:D It's just a regal that all with a GN vin. You F*** :mad: it up with you take out the SIX:( . If you want to make a LSX regal then just get a plan old regal and Stop killing the GN's:mad:

Charlie I'm with you:D It's just a regal that all with a GN vin. You F*** :mad: it up with you take out the SIX:( . If you want to make a LSX regal then just get a plan old regal and Stop killing the GN's:mad:
Agreed! What would be better is to go with a Series II engine which is still basically a Stage II Buick V6 engine for the poor man.;)

Get over it boys. It's not like the gn is a high dollar car. If I want one with a v6 I'll just buy another. The V8 LSX just added a ton of value to it. What would you rather have a ticking time bomb or a solid motor?

Get over it boys. It's not like the gn is a high dollar car. If I want one with a v6 I'll just buy another. The V8 LSX just added a ton of value to it. What would you rather have a ticking time bomb or a solid motor?
Depends on what you think the value is. As these cars get older they will increase in value. Look at the Duesenberg cars. They were only produced from 1913 to 1937 but are one of the highest priced cars out there. There's only 1 that I know of that's been rat rodded and the rest of them bring serious $$$ because of originality. Getting a decent engine and tune would be better and add actual value to the car rather than change the drive line from something else even if it does make it faster.;)

Yep, that LSX just added a ton of value to my car cause of what you did;). I'm sorry that you don't know any better:rolleyes:. You had to be one of the people thinking that a GN was a v8 from the jump.:D

Getting a decent engine and tune would be better and add actual value to the car rather than change the drive line from something else even if it does make it faster.;)[/quote]

So So So True.

This is one of many cars I own, they are toys not investments. I buy them to drive them not fluff and buff.
Enjoy your rare v6's LOL

Dave.
Congrats on getting the coverage on your new setup. It does look good. And most of us know what you've accomplished with a V6 over the years in that car. Some just don't like the idea of pulling the original LC2 and replacing it with something else. From a collectors and personal stand point, I can see their point. As well as see your points you have made over the years. Especially with what you have been through. You can only go so far with the V6 as far as reliability and hp are concerned. I can also see their point as well, if these owners are die hard turbo V6 owners. My personal opinion? If it were mine, I would take that drivetrain and install it into either a nice Malibu, Hurst Olds 442, Grand Prix or Monte Carlo. Something that actually had a V8 from the factory that was the top motor option for the model. Yes the Regal did have the anemic 307 as an option, but all Turbo Regals had V6 turbos. My last choice would be to put it in a GN or a Turbo T. GNs, T-Types and Turbo Regals got their reputation with the little old V6. And people like you, your brother and many other die hard Buick racers, including myself, that pushed these motors to their limits. This gave these cars the cult following and street reputation that they have today.

Yes we will see more and more people "seeing the light" and replacing their LC2 with an affordable LS based turbo motor. Yes, you can make way more hp than even a stage II can make. And it's a whole lot easier with a properly built LS based motor and properly sized turbo / turbos. But not everyone can afford to go that route. Most of the new owners, or owners who are just now getting into the 550+ hp levels with their LC2, are just now finding out what kind of money and tuning skill it really takes to keep one of these higher hp LC2s together. There are some out there who have pushed their 109 strokers very, very hard for years without serious problems and there are others who can't keep from blowing a headgasket just driving it down the street. As you know, there are many, many things that come into play with these cars and keeping them alive. But everybody has a right to their own opinion and the way they enjoy their Buick. You have moved on to LS based fun and have a very bad taste in your mouth about the V6 and honestly I can't say I blame you. But there are others out there who absolutely love their V6 turbo Buick and would never conceive of swapping out the V6 for something else. They are not blind, they just like what they like. That is one thing that makes this country so great, we can pick and choose exactly what we want in our own cars. At least for the time being that is.

I respect what you did and are doing, heck, I even worked with Mike with selecting your turbos last year. The setup and configuration you have, has never been done that I know of and it is awesome. Your car is going to freaking fly when you get it all sorted out and I wish you the best.
And last but not least, can't we all just get along? This is still fun right?
Keep us posted with dyno and track updates and I can't wait to see you and your car racing in LSX shootouts.

Patrick

Thanks for all of of your kind words Patrick! The turbos are perfect you guys did a great job with the selection, zero lag.

Thanks again!

Nice looking package Dave! One of the nicest out there... Congrats on the coverage, be sure to mention the site next time:D

Don't bag on our V6's though... They are the orignial heart of the design...

Guys, don't worry or get but so upset.... For every GN or TR that is dismantled just makes the value of yours go up... I got a whole garage full of them, plenty of V6's left:D

I suggest buying certain parts and cars... One day the survivors will be truley rare....