Grand national block on eBay?

we2man

There is a Buick gn block on eBay it has the distributed on the front of the motor. Is this a real gn block?

I think I know which one you're referring to. It's a casting (109) which is the same as a 86-87 turbo block. Front of the block would have to have a hole drilled for the turbo oil return. Other than that no differences. The block would probably not have the correct internals though such as a rolled fillet crank. If it's a reasonably price it would be worth picking up. Standard bore blocks are worth $300-400.

I think I know which one you're referring to. It's a casting (109) which is the same as a 86-87 turbo block. Front of the block would have to have a hole drilled for the turbo oil return. Other than that no differences. The block would probably not have the correct internals though such as a rolled fillet crank. If it's a reasonably price it would be worth picking up. Standard bore blocks are worth $300-400.

good 109 blocks are worth that much? hmmm.... carpart shows complete NA 3.8 engines in the $300 range...

good 109 blocks are worth that much? hmmm.... carpart shows complete NA 3.8 engines in the $300 range...

how many in person have you seen at that price? 300 is usually the going price for 109 turbo block last 5 years on this forum that I have seen!

how many in person have you seen at that price? 300 is usually the going price for 109 turbo block last 5 years on this forum that I have seen!

car-part.com shows a lot of NA 3.8 complete engines for that price... same block, except for the oil drain hole being drilled and tapped.. i think the heads are the same, too.. there might be some money to be made- not much, but some...

I picked up a complete running 109 with 66,000 Kms for 75$ there everywhere here the local yards have tons just sitting and there all dirt cheap

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app