GPS Tracker

highboostgn

Anybody come up with a gps tracking system that you can wire in your car,hide and track via google earth,or your smartphone? I was thinking of coming up with something like this and finding a vendor if enough interested.

highboostgn said:
Anybody come up with a gps tracking system that you can wire in your car,hide and track via google earth,or your smartphone? I was thinking of coming up with something like this and finding a vendor if enough interested.

I think apple has something like that on their website for iPhone users, I just seen it last night. Looks like something I want to buy and install on my car.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7523LL/A/pocketfinder-gps-vehicle-locator-powered-by-lbt?fnode=46

I was using Galtrac but the service was horrible. I came across this and while I haven't contacted them the info looks good. I plan on doing something when I get my car back to Florida be it this company or someone from this board that develops a system.
http://www.inilex.com/SkyLink/SkyLink.html

What about adding an additional line to your cell plan and hardwiring the charger with the phone hidden ...

Bryan

Phoneguy said:
What about adding an additional line to your cell plan and hardwiring the charger with the phone hidden ...

Bryan

I was thinking something cheaper than hiding an iPhone in my dash lol

well it has a 50 hour standby...hopefully someone would notice their car missing in 50hours lol...also i think its set to send a sms if your car moves

well it has a 50 hour standby...hopefully someone would notice their car missing in 50hours lol...also i think its set to send a sms if your car moves

According to Apple, it has 4 hours standby. Should still be enough, but if it's not that hard to install a back up battery, I'd like to get a little more time.

No need for a new iPhone...any used phone with gps will do depending on your providers tracking ability.

Bryan

I use imetrik.com for all my gps on my cars. I have a used car dealership and sell to high risk customers and we install a gps in all their cars. Cost me 99 bucks each and unlimited pings on the computer, no monthly monitoring fee. Can be a 2-3 wire install (2 for basic gps, 3 if you want starter disable). I have one in my car installed where you would need a torch to get to it lol.

Not sure if consumers can buy it, I would assume anyone can, but it works great

A nice system that we can track our cars without a monthly fee is ideal.
Is there such a thing for consumers?

D