Governor Modifications - Non Turbo Buick

olds403

I have a BRF 2004r that I would like to put in my 79 Trans Am. Knowing this transmission came out of GN I think I need to lower the WOT shift point.

How can I do this ? I have another governor, but don't know how this will work with the valve body. I would like a governor that shifted at 5000WOT. What do I need ? I do have the TV cable, brackets..ect. I am stuck on the governor problem.

The other govenor I have is GM # 8655973

Just be careful about lowering tv cable very much, u dont want to loose wot line pressure. The immediate tork of a Pont motor is very rough on little 200's and 700's and they need all the help they can get. I had one (or more)in my 4050 lb GTO in the early 90's. I broke big hard parts with immediate tork. If tv adj doesnt do it, the trick is to coax in heavier springs into gov...not fun to do. Have to test drive alot and retry combo's.
BTW-I want to sell my GTO and run its motor in a Bandit using a 700r4. It has a Richmond 6 speed that cant be trusted.

84 gnguy,youll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river when your living in a van down by the river.heres you heres matt,look out for daddy walkins:D kwapiesurpienikyou