Gotta love this site

84gnct

O.K.....gather 'round....story time.

Back at the beginning of March my wife's 05 Ford Escape went T1T's up. Found out that back in 05 they installed the wrong spark plugs and down the road it could cause RF problems that take out the coil drivers in the ECM. The fix is to replace all coil packs, Spark Plugs and ECM. It is covered under the emissions warranty 8/80,000. Of course we have 93K on her truck. So I have a shop I can fix it right?? Wrong....cannot find a ECM. While all of this is going on my venerable 84 GN was pressed into service as a taxi. She works about 25 miles away and can't reach the pedals on my car. So four weeks of 100 miles a day and the car ran like a top. Until Friday night, I was coming down the 95 and got into it and she started breaking up. So I limped her home and tried again yesterday. BB would barely idle and did not like any boost whatsoever. BB=Black B1tch
So...up early this morning to do some research, and using the info on this site I was able to find a vacum leak at the regulator, a loose IAC and TPS misadjustment. Fixed all of the above, installed the up pipe I got from Brad Padgett, the EGR solenoid and Boost control solenoid I got from Intercooled88 and the car runs better than ever....boost builds up and the car flies with no drama. cool.:D :D :D

And the wife's truck??? Well I found a depot that repairs the ECM's in Ontario Cn and I hope to have it back tomorrow. Then we will see if it took out the cats.

So anytime she tells me she doesn't like my car we can compare repair bills.

$1200+ versus $3.98

The only real down side is that yesterday while I was at the shop trying to figure out what was going on I dropped my son off at the movies. Fast and Furious of course. So I pick him up in the star of the movie, only it was running like total crap. Figures.

Good to hear...Guys on this site are usually good about helping each other out...

I am glad to hear my second spare uppipe works well. Nice to see it on a GN rather than sitting in a box after five years behind my bar. Take-care-Brad

Wish I had been quicker on the draw for that one!!:redface:

I actually have been depressed the past six months and have been very negative about everything in life. You can see some of it in my posts as well. I am past that now and when 84gnct needed an uppipe it really made me feel good to let it go for shipping. My outlook is now very positive. My car runs extreamly well with no problems at all. Just need to secure the jacks in the trunk and stop false knock. I have some spare parts which if asked will let you know if I will part with them. I can also locate just about anything. I will give back to this board as they given to me the past six years. Thanks-BRAD

Brad, I know the feeling, and getting the BB running right did a lot to improve my spirits. Thank you very much for your kindness. Hang in there, your Karma just got a positive boost.

Brad, I know the feeling, and getting the BB running right did a lot to improve my spirits. Thank you very much for your kindness. Hang in there, your Karma just got a positive boost.

My depression was due to other personal issues which I am glad to say are behind me. My Buick really helped me through this bad time because I had it running right before the depression set in. I actually dropped the boost from 21 lbs to 16lbs and richened the A/F ratio last Fall. I did not want to deal with a blown head gasket. A long cold winter(where is global warming? Blow it out your ass Al Whore) made running my car a real pleasure this Spring and a very good for your outlook on the world. Take-care- Brad

brad i can post a picture of how the jack set up in the trunk is supposed to properly go (if this is what your referring to) alot of people it seems do have problems getting everything back to how the factory installed it. fortunetly my spare had never been removed so it was easy to see how they did it

brad i can post a picture of how the jack set up in the trunk is supposed to properly go (if this is what your referring to) alot of people it seems do have problems getting everything back to how the factory installed it. fortunetly my spare had never been removed so it was easy to see how they did it

I would really appreciate a picture. My stock one is in wrong. Also, My stock jack does not work with my Hooker exhaust so I also have a portable one in the trunck that I have to secure. Appreciate it. Brad

brad, i have hooker exhaust also, and i don't see how in anyway it could affect the factory jack unless your lifting the car behind the rear tire, which is something you don't want to do with our cars. always lift in front of the rear tire, or behind front tire, whatever the case may be, like is shown on the jacking instructions decal on the trunk lid.

i didn't remove my jack since i'm in a bit of hurry, but i remember when i put it in awhile back that the trick was to down-jack the lifting arm all the way, then jack back up a "click" or two (to kind of give it some slack)and install the iron as shown. it actually all goes together quite easy, its just a pita to hold it while tightening wing-nuts

Aaron- Thanks for the PICS. My stock jack is not bolted in right and I have a spare floor jack in to trunk. They move around when I get into the car just like everything on the console ends up in the back seat. I just need to get everything secured. Thanks- Brad