Gotta love alcohol!

Turbo T/A 1543

To anyone considering alcohol...do it! I took the T-type to Norwalk on Sunday to try Razor's alky kit out. Mind you the t-type engine has only had the valvecovers off once a couple of years ago for its' first valvespring change - totally virgin right down to the headgaskets (more on that later). TA60 turbo, 009 injectors, upgraded intercooler, good exhaust, it went 11.4 @ 117.5 mph on Nitto drag radials on an O.K. 1.69 60ft.:D I purchased a set of ported heads from Travis (NJ Turbo) several months ago and was looking for a reason to change them. I have noticed for a while some antifreeze spots in the vicinity of the relocated radiator overflow that I contributed to an ill fitting cap, although on the drive home it "steamed" a bit out of the exhaust, so now I am guessing that the headgasket has been leaking a wee bit for a while and apparently have called it a day
(or 19 years). Sorry for the lengthy post, but just wanted to share. I love this car...:D

AWESOME news!!!!!!bolt the heads and intake on and hang on. You will be in the 10's:eek:

Just keep in the back of your head, your bottom end:p

Thanks! The planets must have been properly aligned or something. I was flying by the seat of the pants, as my laptop went wonky after the first pass, but the knock gauge never showed ANY knock. It was really weird, the car ran like it was effortless. This was on a 108R Armstrong chip too, which I wouldn't think would be ideal for alcohol, but it worked.

Congrats on the run... these are the badddest cars on the planet to mod ;)

Anything I can do and help.... call :)

Julio

Might want to consider some injectors with those heads, your talking about a bunch of additional airflow possibility there.

Thanks all. Boostwise it was 28psi. I started pulling the heads today - the ports on the stock heads/intake sure don't compare to the ones I got from Travis! I'm standing there looking at the lifter valley with its stock cam & lifters thinking "upgrade", but after reading some of the posts about cam problems and such I believe the stocker will be O.K. for now. Julio, how about the injectors...when do you think they will not be enough? Prior to this weekend my goal for this car was 11.50 (don't want to bar this car), but now I'd love to see a 10 SOMETHING just once :D .
Really though, the temperature was cool and the boost was high - I'm just hoping the head/intake swap will allow me to run mid 11s year round without as much boost, as I can't get around the idea of putting this thing on a trailer - I like street driving it too much!

Originally posted by Turbo T/A 1543
I'd love to see a 10 SOMETHING just once :D .

that's how it always starts, next you will be saying just one 10.50, just one 9.99.:D next thing you know your running a 4.1 on center twin turbo 7 second ride.:) then you look back & say we had so much fun when the car was running mid to low 11's, drive it to the track run good, nothing broke, & drove it home.

Wait........until you take your first ride with fresh opened up heads and a matching intake:eek:

Hang on.....:p

that's how it always starts, next you will be saying just one 10.50, just one 9.99. next thing you know your running a 4.1 on center twin turbo 7 second ride. then you look back & say we had so much fun when the car was running mid to low 11's, drive it to the track run good, nothing broke, & drove it home.

Exactly! That's what I'm hoping to avoid. The enjoyment I've gotten out of playing with the car could soon not be enjoyable when stuff starts breaking. Hoping to stay to the right side of that fine line...

Originally posted by Turbo T/A 1543
Julio, how about the injectors...when do you think they will not be enough?

I'll say it like this. My old car at 126 MPH was at 75% duty cycle on 50's. Thats 37 lbs worth of fuel. This new car went 6.9@100 in the 1/8 at 45% DC on 75's. Thats 34 lbs worth of fuel. But has a twin nozzle setup.

009's with the alky system, your goals are easy with your current injectors. Tho they'd be a stretch for constant 10 second runs in the mid 120's.

Get a direct scan and watch your injector duty cycle.. you'll know exactly where your at.