Gotta be smarter than the theives....

gndoug

CSB Crew
Well, this has been a long week for me. The tranny in my car was slipping, and my th400 wasnt going to be done for a few more weeks. Well my tranny got so bad it wouldnt go into reverse or overdrive... Well wed night i put another 200 in that a friend of mine was going to lend to me. I get the tranny in, and my car runs great.

Skip to the next morning....

Walk out to go to work, think to my self... there no way in hell I left my window down. Get a little closer, and see all the broken glass.

My heart just dropped. I went over the check out the damage. At first glimpse I saw my stereo was gone, along with a few things in the car, (ipod, some money...) Then noticed that the thief didnt even take any of my tool. I had a samll tool box with snap on, and matco tools. I only had it in there because I had worked on my car the previous night.

Then I really started looking around. I barley escaped from the theif getting my whole car. He did the usual number, broken drivers window, broke the steering column, jammed the wheel lock, cut my steering wheel to get the club off(useless piece of crap), and would have had the car had he found the cleverly hidden kill switch.
On top of that, the thief keyed my whole car. I dont understand... if you see a nice car that you want to steal... why mess it up????

Oh well, insurance is covering all the damage, I have a free rental car. And im coming out of this with a fresh paint job.

Needless to say, lesson learned. That was the first night in a LONG time that I left anything in my car... i.e. my stereo, ipod, tools.....

Now its time to pony up and get a real alarm.... oh well.... You can never be too careful.

That sucks!

No doubt the baby keyed it in frustration because he was unable to take it away from you after all of his 'hard work'. I stopped using the Club for that very reason as I didn't want my wheel cut by some ass.

collar lock, kill switches (plural), locked/blocked garage, 3 attack dogs, and a .45 w/ hollow points. I never get any thieves ;)

You gotta want to keep it more than they want to steal it.

what a dumb a$$

car thief's should be open season, no argument, just drop em where they stand!
mines in a garage, or 20 ft from my office in a secure yard at work.
want in my garage? meet wilbur, 125lb doberman that sleeps next to it!
sorry for your troubles, but at least you have a good outlook about it.
show us the outcome, when its complete.

cruzn57

baby moniter in the garage and 2 shot guns with shells right next to the bed and years of shooting practice. i will not let another one get stolen

Car!

Wow sorry to hear that but atleast you didn't totally loose it and now you can really make it look nice, PS mine in a locked garage with the ecm wire unplugged and tucked under the battery/overflow and my nice freshly loaded RUGGER 9mm with a special 15 round clip, just to keep the cops busy counting the holes LOL.

Sorry to hear that. That is the reason I don't own a gun because if I caught them I would shoot them! :rolleyes: I have been there twice now one at the Nats in Columbus and once Christmas day 2001 when my car was broke down and I didn't have a key to put it in my brothers shop. At least it is fixable. Good luck in the future. I keep mine inside now! :rolleyes:

wired cam outputing to tv and pc. and thats just the house.

baby monitor is a great idea as well..
its a shame we have to do so much to keep our cars. Really takes the fun out of owning a car. Somtimes i just wanna buy a regular car and blend in with the herd.

About 2 years ago, I was in Autozone and they're selling these various "toys" to the Honda crowd. I noticed that they had this 4-button FOB + kit to show off your various lights, etc. After I left, I realized that it would make a great kill switch (1 for ECM, 2 for fuel pump, 3 for crank sensor, 4 for bass sub...). I think the kit was like $35. I haven't been able to find it since....

Wow man thats not cool. Its good that you have a kill switch. i have a chip burnt so the car wont start unless you know how to start it.

Sorry to heat about your car. I still have my GN, but two years ago someone broke into my shop and took thousands of dollars worth of tools and parts.

Dogs have seemed to help so far.

Check this out, this may be another option....

http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/4qt.htm

I had a cool chip that worked as a great theft deterent a number of years ago, it was for blue tops but I dont know who made it. My buddies always asked me if they could drive it and I told them sure if you can figure out how to start it :D . Anyway glad they dident get it, hopefully with the insurance money your car will be better than it was before this.

Hey, if their on your property, they were endangering your life...it's your OBLIGATION to shoot them.
I recently installed keyless entry w/ a kill switch and I started thinking...gee, all they have to do is cut out that unit and hook the switch to starter wire back together and they are back in business.....but my wife drives it too and if I put a whole mess of switches they wont get turned on/off anyway....
I have a friend who ran outside screaming w/ an assault rifle in hand when some kids were trying to break intohis 60 El Camino - they literally peed their pants! Sad thing is though...they came back when he wasn't home and stole his floor mats!??!?!????!

100 years ago, if someone was caught stealing a horse, he was HUNG. Nowadays tha thief will slip in a little oil in your driveway, break his leg, sue you and win. Then you have to give him your car.
I seriously wish we could go back to public hangings. And let the kids watch! If a kid grows up with the memory of watching a man die for breaking the law, no doubt he'll stay on the straight and narrow.

I keep mine in the garage with my american bulldog (max). He don't like visitors. Hope all ends well with your car though.

madhat said:
Hey, if their on your property, they were endangering your life...it's your OBLIGATION to shoot them.
That's the beauty of where we live :) I have several motion sensors in my garage along with some other little devices that I won't discuss, but several times when the garage alarm has went off, I've ran out in the middle of the night with my gun just begging to find someone in there to shoot, would have no problem shooting a thief...it always turned out to be a big Texas field rat/mouse :D..finally have all the holes sealed up where they can't get in anymore.

Nowadays tha thief will slip in a little oil in your driveway, break his leg, sue you and win
Wouldn't it be great to catch a LAWYER trying to steal your car? When your gun was loaded, I mean.

Ormand said:
Wouldn't it be great to catch a LAWYER trying to steal your car? When your gun was loaded, I mean.

LOL

I have a couple of different deterrents for my cars, but I still like the old touch & go.....