Got robbed by conley's performance

street-t

I thought I would post this so people can learn from my experience. I bought a set of brand new stage 2 headers from Chris Connely. He wanted 1850 for the headers we agreed upon 1650. I overnighted him a money order the next day. Before I bought them I asked if these would bolt on with my a/c he said yes there would be no problem. Well I recieved the headers and they looked very nice until me and Laz started to bolt them on. I will list the problems with them in oder as we went along.

1 Would not bolt on with a/c as advertised and I do have the atr heater box mod.

2 Could not get to the valve cover bolts because they where being blocked by one of the header pipes.

3 The support bracket did not line up with the bolt holes in the head.

4 The crossover pipe was hitting the top a-arm.

5 You can't use studs with these headers only bolts.

6 With the turbo mounted I couldn't close the hood because the turbo was sitting to high.

I ended up taking out my a/c thinking I would fix the first problem. I did but then ended up with all these other problems. The reason for buying these headers was to avoid haveing to make a custom set and having all of the down time involved.

I went back and forth with Chris for about a week on the phone I told him it would cost me from 400 to 500 to fix these headers locally. I finally just decided after about a week of wasting time on this whole issue and taking out the a/c in the car after I didn't want to that I would return them.
I gave Chris a call and left him a message about returning them. I later got a call from Lawerence Connely who stated that he was not going to issue me a refund. I explained to him all of the problems not just one problem but six different problems. He said that to email him some pictures and he would give me 100 dollars. I told him I just wanted to return them he told me me no.
I can see how Connely's performance is out of business with customer service like that. I just wanted to return these as they do not work as advertised.

I hope this situation gets resolved. Seems to me a refund is reasonable to say the least.

Subscribing.

Since Conley's isnt a vender here on tb.com, would you have any problem with me moving this thread to the feedback section?

BW

Has anyone else had any experience with these headers? I was told they only made 5 sets so I dought it. I did see a blue t-type at reynolds a couple of years ago with them.

Sorry to hear about your problems, i hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
I myself thought about those headers but passed on them do to the price.

Sorry to hear about your problems, i hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
I myself thought about those headers but passed on them do to the price.

I myself thought the price was high but I figured what the hell they are bolt on and won't have any down time to make a set.

And I thought I had problems installing my TA headers. Sounds like you bought a set of boat anchors.

Sorry for your experience , had one myself with them , sent my whole car out their got it back three years later and one thing i learned is never send your car to someone who is over 1200 miles away! After getting the car back six months passed before the body shop started to do their work, then we started finding out that several parts they put on the car that they charged us full price of a new part were actually used! I dont mind used parts as long as i know and charged accordingly , but it doesn't matter now , it was a learning experience and they know what they did! This is one matter that i will never forget and we paid them nearly 30k so i feel for you and hope you the best!

Unbelieveable that he does not want to give you a refund. That's not cool Dude..Not Cool.

Unbelieveable that he does not want to give you a refund. That's not cool Dude..Not Cool.

I don't know how some people sleep at night? I guess we will have to see if he makes right on the whole thing. He could either refund me back enough money to get them fixed or refund all of my money wich ever he likes. He offered me 100 dollars but that is not enough. Nobody will do all that fixxing for 100 dollars atleast not around here.

I don't know how some people sleep at night? I guess we will have to see if he makes right on the whole thing. He could either refund me back enough money to get them fixed or refund all of my money wich ever he likes. He offered me 100 dollars but that is not enough. Nobody will do all that fixxing for 100 dollars atleast not around here.

They probably could in China - mabe that's where they came from.

Without hearing his side of things & from what you've stated, I think the right thing for Conley's to do would either be to accept them back & issue you a full reund or have you get a couple of quotes on how much to have them fixed in your area & issue you refund for that amount.....

The Darkside

Manny,

The $100 was for either shipping the headers back to us for revisions/modifications or to use at a local shop if you chose to.

All other communications will via e-mail or PM's. Not on this thread.

PM sent.