Got pulled over today....

Was out on a back country road about to turn onto another road when I saw a state trooper pass by. I turned in the opposite direction he was going and drove away doing the speed limit. A few minutes roll by and I see a Crown Vic getting closer and closer in the rear view until ol boy turns the lights on.

I pull over and roll down the windows. He comes up with his hand on his holster.
Says he pulls me b/c my windows were too darkly tinted. Then he asks me to step out of the car and go back to his. :eek: So I complied, but instead of climbing in the rear I was told to climb up in the passenger side. :confused:

Never had this happen to me but anyways he runs my tags, license, insurance. I came back good to go but since I had out of state tags (Indiana tags in Missouri; here due to military) he lets me off with a warning.

And yet I had just been doing speeds in excess of 100 mph just 10 minutes earlier. :eek: Really has changed my mind about going fast out here in the country where I didn't think cops would hang out at.

But why would the cop have me sit in his car in the front seat while running my info????

He wasn't a paranoid type of cop:confused:

I had a messed up traffic stop a couple years ago.

I was in the fast lane between two cars (one in front and one in rear).

I got pulled over ( because I had the LOUD RED car ... there is NO other reason)

My passenger side window was broken (electric) and the officer came to that side.

I felt I had no other choice but to put both of my arms out the window and start yelling " my window is broken on that side " over and over.

The officer acted pissed off , but at that point I had no way to communicate ... the door was unlocked, I just wanted him to open it. Did I handle this correctly? I was nailed with a $350 ticket in the end , and he kept asking me if I was drunk. I was not drunk, but I feel he didnt quite understand why I took the actions I took.

I was scared that if I didnt respond to him at my door, things would have gotten bad quickly ( like I was not cooperating or doing something suspicious while not rolling down my window ).

I thought of opening my door for him (passenger door) , but honestly if I was a cop and the door opened I would freak out like I was about to be attacked. ---

If there was NO reason, why did you get a $350 ticket. Just curious.

notifying a cop if your a CHL holder

most of the time they wave you on, in texas a law was passed last year that states you don't have to show your CHl license. i'm sure they know it when they run your plate but most CHL people aren't out doing something that the shouldn't be doing. not sure but most of the time if you show a cop your chl license they consider you less harmless as to where someone who has something to hide.

I'm not really sure what is going thru some Cops minds when they direct someone out of their car into theirs if they are NOT in handcuffs. That's just plain stupid imo.

Did he even pat you down for weapons? Based on what you said he would have no legal justification to pat you down for weapons so if he is gonna put you anywhere I would think he would put you in the back seat as long as there was a cage.

I can see placing you in his back seat for officers safety but keeping you in your own car is a much safer way of doing business unless he is gonna toss ur car and I don't see what justification he would have for that either unless you gave him consent to search your car.

If you gave him verbal or written consent you have the right to stop that search at any time which would be kinda hard to do while locked in the back seat of his car and could raise a 4th ammendment issue in court which is why he should wait for cover before doing that.

I see it all the time down south. Especially in Texas where they take multible passengers out to search a car then get jumped and killed as a result.

There is no possible way for him to search ur car and watch you at the same time.

It's called "This guy looks safe, he aint gonna shoot me":rolleyes: That type of complaciancy is what gets the majority of cops killed.

+1

I'm in Caliber Press' Street Survival Seminar today and today and tomorrow. Some of the videos! :rolleyes:

Each department and or state has different laws governing this type of stuff, and departmental policy. In this day and age I didn't think agencies did that old school bubba crap anymore. Too bad.

+1

I'm in Caliber Press' Street Survival Seminar today and today and tomorrow. Some of the videos! :rolleyes:

Each department and or state has different laws governing this type of stuff, and departmental policy. In this day and age I didn't think agencies did that old school bubba crap anymore. Too bad.
You would think COMMON sense would prevail. Apparently not.

"Sir, exit your car and walk towards me since I have any idea who you actually are so and if you wan't you can pull out ur gun and shoot me".:rolleyes: Some departments just dont have the common sense God gave them I guess. Your right, it is too bad and will cost many cops their lives this year as a result.

That Caliber press has some excellent training tactics and im sure they present many videos pertaining to cops being shot by their lackadaisical approaches on MV stops and assuming the operator won't shoot at them.

It's almost comical to believe that some cops still subscribe to those incredibly stupid tactics.

I don't recall hearing anybody claim they have occupants exit the vehicle and walk towards them unless there is a felony stop situation. The arrogance of some leo's on this board towards others is comical. I'll put my Dept's officer safety training against anyone's PERIOD, but at the same time I don't try and degrade anothers to make myself look important. Stay Safe Brothers.