Got my BB Pt-61

my87we4

Just got my BB PT-61 From Jack Cotton.Plus some other goodies.

Attachments

• 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 041.jpg
    1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 041.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 646
  • 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 043.jpg
    1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 043.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 015.jpg
    1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 015.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 640
I used the high heat silver exhaust paint from Eastwood.

Ive used that paint several times and its really nice! It looks even better after a few heat cycles. It bakes in and really smooths out...

3200 made it spool like crazy, Ive heard people get away with a stock stall on this turbo.

I have a 2400-ish stall (old jaspers eng convertor) in mine and a THDP with a CPT-61, spools was like the TE-44, no real difference, but oh boy when it gets a rockin at 25psi hold on.
It also will go to 20 psi no knock, acly turned OFF. It's efficient.

HEY!! Yours has the letters painted red. Mine doesn't, what up with that???
I want all the options. 5hit!

I just got my 66BB today and it has the red lettering too. Looks just like the 61 in the pic.

I've been searching for others that run this turbo.... I bought a BB cpt-61 from a board member a while ago, just now getting it put on! I can't wait to see how it is, I've heard it spools like crazy!

Don't mean to jack this thread, but I have an alky chip for my mods but only a stock turbo... is it a good idea to have a new chip?

anyway, I'm very excited to drive it, hopefully I'll have it all done by the end of the weekend!

For grocerygetter, I have almost the same setup (except for alky and 60#ers, and some small differences), what do you run without alky? What do any of you run with alky at say 22lbs if you do?

anyway, props on the turbo, tc, and block! Headers do look sick! Very clean! I'm sure it'll look great in the car!

I have no clue yet. I haven't turned it up past 18psi. I just got a kit from Razor...haven't installed it yet.

I've been searching for others that run this turbo.... I bought a BB cpt-61 from a board member a while ago, just now getting it put on! I can't wait to see how it is, I've heard it spools like crazy!

Don't mean to jack this thread, but I have an alky chip for my mods but only a stock turbo... is it a good idea to have a new chip?

anyway, I'm very excited to drive it, hopefully I'll have it all done by the end of the weekend!

For grocerygetter, I have almost the same setup (except for alky and 60#ers, and some small differences), what do you run without alky? What do any of you run with alky at say 22lbs if you do?

anyway, props on the turbo, tc, and block! Headers do look sick! Very clean! I'm sure it'll look great in the car!

I had my chip from TT, tuned to a TA49, and just had another reburned for the CPT61BB as I've been told that you can run some variability but from a stock setup to a 61, I would think you should have it reburned.