got motor back from machine shop

v6tsportcoupe

82 sport coupe
getting ready to dress 82 sport coupe 231 turbo motor that i got back from rebuild( trw forged gn pistons, rebalanced crank, bored .030,milled heads,block,ect) now ? still got computer in car,but was going to not use.was going to use msd6btm box ,and none computer Qjet.should i go this route or leave stock computer,used computer carb,or use computer with btm and stock or non computer carb? don't know what option to go with any ideas?????? i know you guys have tried it both ways .want to drive daily. anyone have oppions on tune up? thanks george

I used a MSD6btm.
I did not have stock computer and the MSD works great for me.
It does not run on 87 octane verry well.

I use the stock ECM and a BTM. I would never remove my ECM. First off, how would you address the knock sensor/retard? Second, the ECM doesn't control anything at WOT. Third, the ECM keeps the car running great when not at WOT, which is what you really want on a daily driver.

I figure it will be a lot of work to remove it and the car won't run as well. I'm consistently running 14.3 @ 95 mph at the track and drive it work whenever I want too - all with the stock ECM, carb, and long block.

I use the stock ECM and a BTM. I would never remove my ECM. First off, how would you address the knock sensor/retard? Second, the ECM doesn't control anything at WOT. Third, the ECM keeps the car running great when not at WOT, which is what you really want on a daily driver.

I figure it will be a lot of work to remove it and the car won't run as well. I'm consistently running 14.3 @ 95 mph at the track and drive it work whenever I want too - all with the stock ECM, carb, and long block.
I have about the same set-up as B4Black and running the same times.
I'll be adding a good alky system in the spring..got to push B4Black :p