Got a non buick tech question - just looking for ideas

t3intercooled

Hey guys! So as the title says i have a tech question on a non buick car and am hoping since we have alot of gear heads on here that we can brainstorm some ideas for me to check.

So its my soon to be mother in laws car. My fiances family was a loyal ford family...sadly yes. I have been able to convert my fiance to be buick loyal and got her into a 53,000 mile 02 GS but her mom is going to take further convincing unfortunately. So here goes it:

She has a ford contour and when the car is running there is a fast constant clickig as you would hear if there would be a burnt out light bulb and as i said it never stopa is constant. However if you turn the blinker on each way or put the hazards on it clicks like normal. Then once you turn the corner and the blinkers go off or if turn the hazards off then it goes back to clicking fast.

Any ideas we brainstorm would be GREATLY appreciated!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Might be a relay. Can you see any where the clicking is coming from(I'm guessing under the dash)
Might be a cylinder shaped flasher. You should be able to feel it "click". Could be shorted or just going bad.
Since it changes with turning the signal on and off I would thing it is in that circuit or one near it shorting on that circuit. You might try looking into a wiring diagram. Then tracing the signal circuit.

Thats what I was thinking. She is bringing it over now I just wanted to have a list of possinle things that it could be. Thabk you TexasT for your response! Much appreciated!!

I would say it's in the turn signal switch, column wiring or the flasher itself. I think they call that "hyper flashing" if you need to do some internet searching.

Multi function switch, a.k.a turn signal switch. Changed a lot of those in the day. Phil.

Flip
Over
Read
Directions

Lol

Great score on the GS I love those cars !!! Low mileage ones are tough to find around here