good turbo Regal mechanics in SoCal?

B

blackbanditz

anyone reccomend any? im gonna be getting a higher mile 87 TR shortly, build it as a project car. anyone know any good emchanics or build shops for these cars???

Good mechanic!!!

Where in southern cali are you located???? Whats been done to the car already!1

Later,
Mack

im near ontario, about 45mins east of LA near the 10 and 15 freeways. i dont have the car yet, but its an 87 Turbo Regal, it is stock as far as i know, only problem was that the title isn't "clean". it was in an accident where the back axle was cracked. it was replaced and the body has no damage, as far as i know it wasnt damaged at all. its been garaged since it was bought. its had new seals, valves, gaskets etc. all replaced, new timing chain and everything. its been really well maintained and runs just fine, has no problems idling or accelerating for that matter :D the turbo is in good condition too. its high mile, so im just going to use it as a weekend warrior/ drag car while i drive a pickup truck around.

Tim Lee is out your way and runs a shop. Not sure what it is called though. Tim runs a turbo Buick V6 in a late 60's model Buick Skylark. The car is really kick but. My friend Jason Hall knows him real well.

I don't have any contact info myself but when Jason gets back from the GS Nationals I will get him to post it here for you.

HTH,

awesome, id really appreciate it as im not too well versed on turbo terms and performance.

Try Sod Bogosian of Hye Tech Performance. He's in La Puente which isn't too far from you. Sod and his brother Manny run a 9 second GN. They know their stuff. Phone number is (626) 575-0053. Good luck.

Yep,,,,As stated aboved try Big Sod Bogosian,,,,,good guy and knows his stuff!!!!!! Give him a call

Later,
Mack

Originally posted by TRBON8R
Try Sod Bogosian of Hye Tech Performance. He's in La Puente which isn't too far from you. Sod and his brother Manny run a 9 second GN. They know their stuff. Phone number is (626) 575-0053. Good luck.
:cool: :D

thanks guys, i just got my insurance money today actually, gonna open an account at my dads credit union and get the TR and a pickup from a loan, he's been there fpr over 30 years, im sure i cna get a good interest rate :D

Theres a shop in Lake Forest thats been working on TR'S since 87
has set national records, run mid 8's years ago. Sit's on the phone for hours helping people with thier problems all over the country. Holds tech sessions ,supports the buick community when ever possible. Straightens out a lot of other peoples mess's when they give up. That shop is called Lou's auto service. est. 1977 949-770-5956 lou@turbolou.com If I'm not being recommended for some reason. Call or e-mail me & let me know why? Regards Lou Czarnota

honestly Lou, ive never heard of you, but thats because im new to the turbo6 field, especially with Buicks. as soon as i get the turbo regal i'll definetly look you up.

-regards

jared

LOU Czarnota

try lou of lake forest, good mechanic, and pretty stand up guy, knows his S****, been around for a long time, he did the work on my car and i am pretty happy with it. phone # 949-770-5956.

Thanks, It pains me to have spent all those years of dedication &
not get recommended as a quality shop. Its a matter of pride. All it would take is one person to bad mouth me behind my back to
harm my reputation & this was my intial impression. That's one of the draw backs with the net. I try to be very careful who I work for & the quality that we produce & how we treat people. Unfortunatly these cars are getting old, Parts are getting scarcer. So many have been thrashed, stolen, jury rigged. etc. keeping these cars running is getting to be a real challange. There are not a lot of dedicated people left in this busness. So my point is we need that support if were going to survive. Thanks again Lou

Good Mechanics:

Darryl Davis is a exceptionally talented turbo buick mechanic at Boulevard Buick, 2850 Cherry, Long Beach, Ca., 90806.
(562) 492-1000, (714) 827-8920, Fax is (562) 492-9552. Web site: www.boulevard4u.com .
I have had 4 '86-'87 turbo buicks, and he has worked / wrenched on every one. This is the only dealeship that I know that I would trust with my buicks.
Gary Wells

Talk to Tim at Don Lee Automotive

Don Lee Auto Svc
9793 Foothill Blvd
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
909-989-1573

Randy Hall
Oak Hills, Ca
Gateway to the High Desert....
:cool:1955 2dr Sedan/671Blown/350cu.in./4-speed
Sometimes in Life Image is EVERYTHING

Don Lee Automotive eh. funny thing is, i live in Rancho Cucamonga, guess i'll be paying them a visit soon, and everywhere else, just waitin' for the Regal to go thru....

blackbanditz

Im with wiked87gn . Lou's shop is the only shop that I trust with my GN. :)

well, thats chalk #2 for lou's shop, as soon as i can get the car thats where shes headed.

seems like there are some good shops out there,anyone know of any good shops are up in northern cali,im in the bay area
and i might get this gn real cheap,that needs a rebuild im trying to find out how much its gonna cost,but first i want to research on who's good and im having a little trouble coming up with something.
any help would be apreciated.
thanks guys.