Good results with alky

EclipseTurbo

Just want to say alcohol injection is abso-*#@(*!@-lutely fantastic :D. To be specific, pure methanol ($2.75 a gallon)

I have played with water injection. Not very good reasult, only cools a little and let me run a little more boost.

I have a 2.0L turbo DSM on 91 octane..
So what does my car run without alky? Knock at 14 PSI, estimated 250wHP at the most (last year only got 230wHP because had to run so rich, and decreased timing)

With alky I can do crazy things on pump gas, it cools below ambient, and give me extra octane at the same time. I can run at 22 psi and more timing than at 14 PSI.

With alky, I can do this on 91 octane and 22 PSI

i want to thank Razor for answering little questions all the time.. I am using his alky filter, works great!!. and AnArkey he is very smart and give me alot of tips on setting up the system.

More power to come soon ;)

I never lead you down the wrong path..

Actually I have a DSM experiment i'm conducting. Phase one..baselined it at 15.20 at 90.5 MPH thursday nite 100 percent bone stock.. I'm upping the boost and spraying it all stock with the itty bitty turbo..results soon..

I know the scientists will say that water works better :rolleyes:

Congrats.. now lets get you to play with a different controller and see if theres a difference :D .. good experiment ..hehhe

I need to get a proper tank once and for all! Get some made and you'll get some more business. ;)

I already claimed a tank victim #1. SS canister with arcylic cap, meant for kitchen. The methanol really makes the arcylic brittle, 1 week later chunks are falling off into the tank.

I used a $25 aquamist low level sender with this, it works great, no signs of deterioration. that's why I am looking for anything tank with opening big enough to put my hand in.

But the tank died, so I put a barb on a 2 gallon gas gerrican for now, but I cannot tell when it's low :(

If you have a 90-94 DSM the turbo can get into 13 or even 12s if you free up all restrictions :)

is the reason why people are not having good luck with water injection due to weak spark? I would assume people are using strong ignition systems when using water injection if not this could be the cause of their poor results?

The new container will be here tommorrow.. maybe maybe.. i'll post some pixs.

Enzo..its how it is.. until you've done it..dont knock it..perty simple.. two steps required, drain water..fill with methanol.. seat of pants you can tell the difference..the go up the boost and increase your smiles per gallon.

So methanol works better on Buicks, Syclones, Typhoons, SC LT1's, and now a DSM.. what next :rolleyes:

I'll be setting up a system on a rotary in about a month so i'll have results for you then. I'm not knocking anything i'm just curious why meth works better then water or if 50/50 is the way to go. But either way i'll be testing out all combo's and see which works best.

I wouldn't bother mixing with water.. it takes up space in your cylinder and make no power. Alcohol evaporates faster and cools more. And for those mist that didn't evarporate, it gets ignited and makes power. Especially with smaller displacement engines, choose very carefully what you can cramp in the combustion chamber.

I just mixed some 50/50 for my friend, he has the aquamist and I think the max recommended is 50% alcohol. Improved over water just didn't have the kick like straight alky.

Argh tank #2 leaks again, putting a barb on a thin plastic tank is so hard to get right!.. Hope to see your products soon Razor, I'll pretty much take anything that has a molded barb now.

ya water has a higher boiling point then meth/alky but the temps at which it vaporizes are so high (212 deg.) that youd be detonating the crap outta the motor before it vaporizes. plus water dont burn so that sucks. maybe if you ran w/o and i/c and 25 psi it may work but why, just run meth. ahah! NOS!

PAC kits for SyTys

Razor is there any new update on the kits for the SyTys. Being that syty.net is down, I'm just checking with you here.

TiClone,

I think we have a winner, heres an email from last nite,

HOLY CRAP!!!

My truck is damn fast. Its 4:30 in the morning and I just got back from a few runs around the block. I set the fuel pressure to a base setting and the ultimate on the highest timing setting and no knock! Just by seat of the pants it is definately a second faster with the chip and alky. I was hovering around 18 psi. Every run I went on the hose between the intercooler and throttle body separated. I will soon need a blow off.

Wow. Time for work at seven :) You cant stop in the middle of a project when you are so close to being done. I am just thrilled how it will work with tuning.

Talk to you later,
THANKS
Brian

:D :D :D

Call me when your ready ;)

Razor, (Julio) can you PM email me the price for a Sy setup and how long will it be at his price.

Also can you tell me if anyone is running your kit on a SyTy with an A2A setup instead of the A2H2O stock configuration?

Thanks!