Good reasonably priced solenoid?

Gokou

I just tried my DIY 2-stage water injection system, and on my first test the second stage solenoid blew up. :mad:

The solenoids I purchased from McMaster and were rated for 100psi. The first solenoid is OK (since it's open as soon as the pump is on) but the second stage blew up when testing the first stage (it was closed, and obviously couldn't handle the pressure. The coil/actuator blew right out of the nylon block base. Pop!

Anyone know of a *reasonbly priced* small solenoid that'll take say 150+ psi? I've found a few, but not for less than $100 each.

Then again maybe I'll just run both nozzles full blast without the solenoids, seems to work fine. Tips?

[edit] Never mind, I think I found one. Parker/Skinner valve rated for 275 psi, miniature, $50 each here: http://www.valvestore.com/64sksova12vd6.html

Troy

I dunno. I also found you can get them from MSC Direct (another supply house like McMaster) for a few bucks cheaper. At MSC you need to buy the valve and the solenoid coil seperately however, which is nice-- you get the valve rated for your application and then you can buy the appropriate solenoid (12VDC, 24VDC, 120VAC, 240VAC). Probably order some new solenoids next week.

Troy