Good ol' powermasrer problems...please help..

wolfmann442

Car Poor
Ok,driving the car today,a hear a loud squeel coming from under the hood and my brake light in the dash lights up.i pull over and unplug the wire that goes to the accumulator,and it stops,then i plug it back up and it starts again.I pull off and keep driving slowly,and the squuel quits but the pedal is hard and will barely stop the car.The brake light is still on.What gives?Please help,for i am a noob.

Thanks..:confused:

Time to switch over to Vacuum or Hydroboost. Do it and save a bundle of future headaches.

I just converted to vacumn a couple days ago and I suggest that you do the same. It was the best 4 hours labor and $200 parts cost invested in my GN yet!

Just my opinion,
John

I'd love for someone to "Sticky" a parts list for the vacuum swap, we see that here a lot it seems.

Well guess what?I go out this morning and the brakelight is out,and the damn thing worked again...Only thing is now my criuse won't work,and the brake lights stay on,so i have to wedge something between the pedal and the floor to keep the pedal all the way foward...:confused: :confused:

My wedge under the pedal must not have worked all day because i was going to go around the block in her today to see what was up,and the battery was DEAD.,Not a good couple of days...:frown: :frown:

Well guess what?I go out this morning and the brakelight is out,and the damn thing worked again...Only thing is now my criuse won't work,and the brake lights stay on,so i have to wedge something between the pedal and the floor to keep the pedal all the way foward...:confused: :confused:

It just hit me the email you sent yesterday. The cruise isn't working because the brakes are on. The disconnect switch is engaged. duh

Don't get me wrong guys,i am swapping to vaccum,but:

I go out and get in my car.The brakes work fine,no squeels,no lights.I drive it up the road.Everything worked great.The only thing is,my brake lights will not shut off.The pedal won't depress enough to turn them off.So i gotta use the ole california duster as a wedge so they will..:biggrin:

Double you-teeee-efffffffffff?

On a side note,i did have alot of complements at the store i rode too,thats what its all about!:smile:

Don't get me wrong guys,i am swapping to vaccum,but:

I go out and get in my car.The brakes work fine,no squeels,no lights.I drive it up the road.Everything worked great.The only thing is,my brake lights will not shut off.The pedal won't depress enough to turn them off.So i gotta use the ole california duster as a wedge so they will..:biggrin:

Double you-teeee-efffffffffff?

On a side note,i did have alot of complements at the store i rode too,thats what its all about!:smile:

I think the pedal is low enough that the switch is on.

Dude reach up under the dash and push the switch closer to the pedal.