Good luck I guess??

T

turbov6joe

As my very limited amount of good luck would have it, my motor was not damaged beyond the headgasket I blew on #6. Today I finally finished putting everything back together and started it up with much caution. The motor came to life and ran perfectly with only a small valve cover leak that was easily fixed. I was sweating a rod knock or something ****ty like that, but the oil was never contaminated with coolant and the bottm end is still tight:) Now it's time to replace that locked up TCC solenoid and make some shake down passes before BG! This is the 1st headgasket failure that didn't lead to a total motor rebuild. That God it blew into the intake valley! BTW, I ended up replacing that O ring on the #6 cylinder...easy enough fix.

That is good luck Joe, over the years (mostly the early ones) I blew 12 sets of head gaskets and never had to rebuild the motor because of them. They all either went into the intake or out the side.

I wish you more luck on your first shake down pass so you don't have any more trouble :)

Take Care