Good engine shop in GA

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys im going to need to get my engine rebuilt in the near future. Whats a good place in GA for that? Also what is the average cost? I dont want to build anything crazy, this car is just bpu. Thanks guys...

My car is currently up at Southest Turbo in Dallas, GA. I had heard rumors that they had a bad wrap but when I searched them on the furom all the negatives were about them not answering the phone or getting parts out in a timely manner. I went up to the shop, talked to the owner and I felt confident enough to let them do my work. I've also heard good things about Wildcat Engines in Adel and Fred's Turbo Performance in Griffin (I think). Those are the only ones I know that deal in Turbo Buicks.

Yeah that first one you mentioned is the one i was looking for. I checked today and dont think im going to need a rebuild anytime soon, but id like to keep them in mind. Let us know how they treat you.

My car is currently up at Southest Turbo in Dallas, GA. I had heard rumors that they had a bad wrap but when I searched them on the furom all the negatives were about them not answering the phone or getting parts out in a timely manner. I went up to the shop, talked to the owner and I felt confident enough to let them do my work. I've also heard good things about Wildcat Engines in Adel and Fred's Turbo Performance in Griffin (I think). Those are the only ones I know that deal in Turbo Buicks.

mmm,mmm,mmm.... please let us know how it works out at SE.... good luck...

I know I know. You're not the first one to cringe. Most of the work is bolt on and so far so good. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

The only place in GA that has the correct machining equipment (torque plates and such) for the Buick V6 is... Twister Engines in Alpharetta GA. Gary Grimes is the owner and the guy you need to talk to. I would not deal with SE Turbo.

//

The only place in GA that has the correct machining equipment (torque plates and such) for the Buick V6 is... Twister Engines in Alpharetta GA. Gary Grimes is the owner and the guy you need to talk to. I would not deal with SE Turbo.

Green Flag in Valdosta has the correct equipment. They built Cutter Turbo T's engine and no issues.
Fred's Turbo Performance is in the Adel area About 5 miles from Wildcat Engines. Clark 6 had his enge machined at Wildcat and assb at Freds.

I've heard allot of good things about Wildcat in/near Voldasta, GA and I know of one person local to me that takes his Buicks there regularly. I've had my car at Fred's Turbo before and overall I was satisfied although there were some things that I wasn't thrilled with.

I still think the best in the business is Bill Ragland in Shelbyville, TN (I believe all his engine work is done by Groomes).