Good deal if anyone is looking for a fmic

karol

Canadian limited
Seen this on a local ad up here in Canada .
Pretty good deal ,$150 cad on a precision fmic
I’d grab this in a heartbeat but I’ve got a slic that’s good enough for me .
So if anyone is interested , it’s on kijiji Ontario , under Buick grand national listings .

Attachments

• C86AB19D-8C87-4F78-B4D6-E44F840727D9.jpeg
    C86AB19D-8C87-4F78-B4D6-E44F840727D9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Seen this on a local ad up here in Canada .
Pretty good deal ,$150 cad on a precision fmic
I’d grab this in a heartbeat but I’ve got a slic that’s good enough for me .
So if anyone is interested , it’s on kijiji Ontario , under Buick grand national listings .
That's a smoking deal!

That's a smoking deal!
Yeah, I know … thought I’d share if anyone is interested . Texted the dude , seems legit . I asked if he’s got any other parts , no go .. but he’s looking for a good Center console and a lower door panel with concert sound .. barter perhaps if anyone has one kicking around

So ended up buying it, hated to pass up a great deal .. I can’t use it , wouldn’t do anything for my 49. Either I keep on the parts shelf for one day .. or flip it or look for parts to trade .
You would be surprised! If you have the time, strip that black paint, blocks SOME of the aluminums ability to transfer heat. Clean her up and install. Those precision cores are top of the line and are GREAT for lowering IAT's vs many IC cores out there. Those cores also have good (low) pressure drop ratings from . Size of the turbo, I believe, isn't a factor compared to IATs and pressure drop a 49 would love this IC imho but I'm no expert.

Congratz on the buy killer deal. If I didn't get a custom FMIC with garrett core I would have bought this in a heart beat.

You would be surprised! If you have the time, strip that black paint, blocks SOME of the aluminums ability to transfer heat. Clean her up and install. Those precision cores are top of the line and are GREAT for lowering IAT's vs many IC cores out there. Those cores also have good (low) pressure drop ratings from . Size of the turbo, I believe, isn't a factor compared to IATs and pressure drop a 49 would love this IC imho but I'm no expert.

Congratz on the buy killer deal. If I didn't get a custom FMIC with garrett core I would have bought this in a heart beat.
Great info! Thank you . My plan was to clean it up and get rid of the paint .
I’ve read on some posts here about ic’s and people were saying that stockers are good for most street cars , I’ve got a dutt neck on my stocker .
And fmic’s were more for turbos make more power, that was my understanding as a previous post someone said a 49 with a front mount doesn’t do nothing except look cool .
I’m a rookie and just learning about these cars .
Btw I got that down pipe from arizon gn,
Many thank you you !
beautiful piece and Terri was super awesome getting me all set up .

The iat and pressure drop does make total sense .. I might just try it out .. but probably need to do a fan upgrade because of the fmic also .
This core on this cooler is 4 1/2” thick … makes sense it’ll be cooler for sure

Terri and Nick are good people.

A front mount definitely will make it run hotter, dual fans will help.