Good 200R4 rebuild book

MNcarbturbo

What's Fuel Injection?
Later this winter I am planning on cracking open the 2004R I have sitting in my garage. It is a BY valve body. Most info I have on it is that it was in 'like new condition' but it sat out of a car for 5+ years. I have never rebuilt a trans but Im not clueless when it comes to stuff. Rebuilt a few motors, painted a few cars, build a supercharged 3800 firebird.

I think CK performance has a book and there is at least one other one. I plan on building a good street/strip trans good to low 12's as I have a Carb turbo and doubt im running faster than that.

Any suggestions on a good manual? Assembly diagrams, tips and tricks, torque specs ect?

i have the CK book, but haven't actually put any of it's knowledge to use yet..
we're almost local- maybe i could save you the cost of the book and borrow you mine if you'll help me get my trans back together with the knowledge you pick up from my copy of the book..

I dont have a problem with a book swap. Our farm is in Elbow Lake and Ive gotta run down there to grab some stuff and since Ashby is a skip away that works great for me. Id be willing to help out when I get mine done.

cool..
i just need to remember where that book is.. i think it's in the trunk of the Regal..

I had good luck with the CK book also. A friend of mine has built transmissions for years but had no experience with high performance 200r4's at all. I bought the book and me and my friend followed the recipe in the book for the performance level I needed and it worked great. The car went mid 10's for 3 years before I sold the car and and the transmission was still working great when I sold it.