Going with Grundy unless you can talk me out of it

Have had them for about 3 years now, no claims though. King Kong, I am sure they don't start any processing on a stolen car until the 30 days is up. They want to make sure that it isn't recovered yet. It has only been a week past that 30 days with a holiday weekend thrown in there. Hopefully they will come thru soon. Keep us posted on your status.

I've had Grundy for years. No issues, but then I've never had a claim either. One thing about the garage requirement is that I'm pretty sure they caveat that with something about having a lock on the garage door too.

Thanks Mark....I don't wanna put my attorney on them either my brother, but a contract is law and binding...The initial date of the claim is 4-27-11. A couple days after an ins. adjuster came to my home and I gave a SWORN RECORDED STATEMENT for approx. 1 and 1/2 hrs. I then proceeded to take this same adjuster to the scene of where my car was stolen from. Pointing out 7 cameras within a 1 block radius of where the car was parked. Going far beyond the call of duty for a person submitting a claim. Thats really not my job to do. I assisted him so there would be little or NO HANGUPS when it came to getting my claim expidited. Sent in signed and notorized affidavit. 37 days have came and gone, and no word from police dept.....WHAT ELSE IS LEFT TO DO???? BUT FREAKING PAY MY AGREED AMOUNT SO I CAN REPLACE MY DAMN CAR!!!!!!! p.s. Hostility is towards grundy not you Mark....they even called Otto....So they have had plenty of time. Investigation Over. PAY OUT!!!!

Subcribed.
I would like to hear the ending of your story because my brother has Grundy on his GN and I'm going to get it on mine car when it's finished.

Exactly my point.....When you have a claim, then and only then can you say" you have never had a problem with grundy"

ANY insurance company is going to have you wait 30 days to see if the car is recovered... do you think they are going to send you a check the day after your car is stolen ? :rolleyes:

No....But they should by now be able to give me some kind of TIME FRAME....would'nt you think :rolleyes:

King Kong, have you actually spoken to a Grundy rep or are you just waiting for a check to show up? If you have contact with them what are they telling you??

Exactly my point.....When you have a claim, then and only then can you say" you have never had a problem with grundy"

That is absurd logic. I consider myself lucky after having 20 +/- vehicles insured thru Grundy over the years and never having to file a claim. Their rates, service, billing, etc. have never given me a reason to look elsewhere. Friends who have had to file claims have never had notable problems with them. If you are looking for someone to jump on the bandwagon with you to slam Grundy, it isn't happening here with me and it looks like others have been satisfied, too. Grundy and/or their underwriters have to meet the same requirements and standards as other insurance companies and their reputation speaks for itself.

After all, there must have been a good reason why you chose them to begin with...
:)

LIKE I SAID " UNTIL U FILE A CLAIM FOR A LOSS....THEN N ONLY THEN WILL U KNOW WHT KIND OF INS. CO. YOU R DEALING WITH" I don't care if their name was Allstate....and besides i DID NOT comment on this thread to have a Pissing match with people like U...JD who HAVE NOT EVEN HAD A CLAIM WITH GRUNDY! I simply told one of the members my exp. with grundy as he wanted to know, because no has had CLAIM W/GRUNDY...INCLUDING YOU! So if you dont have anything positive to say on my behalf dont comment. You jd sound like what we call here on the East Coast a "COMPANY MAN" where ever your place of employment is....LOL I'm done. end of thread for u. For everyone else i will keep you fellow brothers posted....

King Kong - I too have Grundy Insurance. Please post how this is resolved for you, so I can make an informed decision to stay with them or not.

Rob

Didn't care for how Haggerty treated me when I inquired about insuring my GN. Went with Grundy and much their most reasonable usage policy.

As far as full loss claims i would expect slow response and difficulty with any insurer. They are protecting their cash flow = quick on account receivables - slow on account payables.

I think all property related insurance sucks. It's all about risk management. Over ones lifetime I believe you would be way ahead with stashing away your own insurance fund thru savings/investment.

I haven't met an insurance company that is excited or willing to part with their money yet!

I had a stolen car claim with a different insurance co. about 16 years ago and the car was never recovered. I received my check about 60 days later.

I think that receiving the check 30 days after the initial 30 days is the norm.

D

I went with Grundy, 310.00 a year, no mileage limit, 0 deductible, 20,000 of agreed value. Must keep in a garage and not use as daily driver and no drivers under 25. Im not sure if its the best but I have definately spent more and got a whole lot less. Ha, that rhymes:D

When my policy renewel through Grundy's came in the mail it was for the same amount ($320) that it was last year. When I called them about it , because the car is now 25yrs. old and different rates apply , they told me to send new pictures of the motor and increace the agreed value to $25000 and the rate would drop to $205! :biggrin: It did. It has something to due with the agreed value being $25000 & up to get the better rate, other than that my policy sounds like yours. Check it out & put that extra money towards the car , you know it will need it sooner or later.:biggrin:
Sam