God, I Love My Grand National

Yankee John

Even though it has its issues, I love my GN to pieces. It is such an ego booster.

I was feeling a little down today- More lawyer junk pertaining to my on-going divorce. Decided to go to Mc'Ds for a salad and large fries.

I went thru the drive thru and had to pull into the waiting lane because my fries were not done yet. The supervisor, about 21 years old, brought my fries out a couple mins later and handed them to me, then asked, "Is this a real Grand National? OMG! Yours is the first one I've ever seen!". Made me feel good!

Goddness- My Grand National can be such a pick-me-upper. I call it my little stress reliever!...

Just thought I'd share!

John

Even though it has its issues, I love my GN to pieces. It is such an ego booster.

I was feeling a little down today- More lawyer junk pertaining to my on-going divorce. Decided to go to Mc'Ds for a salad and large fries.

I went thru the drive thru and had to pull into the waiting lane because my fries were not done yet. The supervisor, about 21 years old, brought my fries out a couple mins later and handed them to me, then asked, "Is this a real Grand National? OMG! Yours is the first one I've ever seen!". Made me feel good!

Goddness- My Grand National can be such a pick-me-upper. I call it my little stress reliever!...

Just thought I'd share!

John

I like your grand national too john. Nice Car ! :smile:

I can hear that 100 times a week + it never gets old.

I don't drive mine all the time, but it seems like whenever I do I get a nice comment from someone or usually someone asking if it's forsale. Couple weeks back I was putting gas in my car at the local Sunoco and some dude in a Landcruiser rolls in pulls up next to my car and is just looking at it while I'm pumping gas. Finally, he rolls down the window and says "That's a really nice Turbo Regal, I love those cars!" I said thanks and he asked me a few questions about the car. Afterwards he just left, didn't fill up with gas or go inside to get anything. He just pulled in because he seen my car. Thought that was pretty cool. One of the things that makes these cars so special is that they are different from every other cookie cutter car that people are used to seeing on a daily basis.

I've got a T-Type (I've owned a few GN's over the years, though) and my favorite is: "You Know......The Grand National is FASTER!!!" :biggrin: I just love to hear the goofy things people say about these cars. And the thumbs up from the folks in the know.

That's why I built the twin turbo system. So I could actually own one of those "Twin Turbo FBI high speed persuit cars" that we always hear about. Would the abbreviation be: TTHSPV (Twin Turbo High Speed Persuit Vehicle) Might have to change my screen name to that.:p

I've got a T-Type (I've owned a few GN's over the years, though) and my favorite is: "You Know......The Grand National is FASTER!!!" :biggrin: I just love to hear the goofy things people say about these cars. And the thumbs up from the folks in the know.

Same boat here. They look at my t-type and begin to share their vast knowledge on how much faster the grand national was. I also get told a lot that I should have just bought a GNX. I do like the people in the know however. The other night I was driving on post and the gate guard handed back my ID card and his eyes bugged out when he looked at the car.

Is that.....a Grand National?

Me: Well...Kinda...it's a T-Type. Same drivetrain...different color.

Oh man! I love these (two minute rant about how he's an import guy, but the GN is one of the few American cars he loves..etc)

I...I gotta shake your hand, man. Your car is awesome!

Me: Ooook (awkward, but aprreciated handshake ensues)

Then I just drive off looking at the line of cars that built up behind me, haha.

That is a goofy thing to say.
Because we all know the beige cream cars are the fastest. :smile:

Attachments

• P1000496.jpg
    P1000496.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 467
I explain it like this Grand national came in any color you wanted as long a it was black. My white Ttype will give both buddys with GNs all they all they can handle. Plus I got a hood ornament!

OK,OK...I read the entire thread and all I got to say is this...A SALAD & LARGE FRY!!! Why even mess with the salad if your a little bummed...BIG MAC BABY!!! LOL

Had to say that,
:biggrin:

Been through the divorce thing and I have to say there is nothing else better than picking you up than a spin in the Grand National... (for me its T-Type). Just make sure the soon to be ex does not know how much you like it or she will try to take it so you will not have any joy in your life. And I have to comment on the salad and fries also....... all I can say is COLD BEER!!!

OK,OK...I read the entire thread and all I got to say is this...A SALAD & LARGE FRY!!! Why even mess with the salad if your a little bummed...BIG MAC BABY!!! LOL

Had to say that,
:biggrin:

LMAO I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that when I read this thread. If you're gonna do something do it right, Big Mac or 1/4lber with cheese!;):D Kinda like the the guy that orders two cheese burgers two fries and a diet coke. LOL

Kinda like the the guy that orders two cheese burgers two fries and a diet coke. LOL

That doesn't work?:eek:
Guess next thing you'll say is that diet coke doesn't work with pizza either.:biggrin:

Had a lot of similar experiences with my GN but most of them used to have one or they had a friend that had one and they all ran 10's. LMAO.

Biggest laugh I get is from people that have been for a ride in my car and keep saying "I can't believe it's just a six cylinder" over and over.

Sounds to me if the 20-something y/o employee was anything to look at, you should've offered to come back and take her for a ride when her shift was over..... on a date :)

Hot chicks + GN's = what divorce?

I too always get a compliment whenever I drive my car somewhere. I enjoy spring time the most, as it seems a new rash of import idiots are cruising town. I get the fart can rev ups, the mean mugging, you know all these kids trying to be Paul Walker.... Its nice to show them what our outdated, 80s junk can do :biggrin:

Guy in an import was following me yesterday, pulling up in the lane next to me, then pulled up next to me and snapped a pic of the GN with his iPhone :biggrin:

I get people following me on the freeway all the time snapping pictures or taking videos of my car with their I-phone. :), i feel like a movie star, well, not that im not already but you know. :p

I get people following me on the freeway all the time snapping pictures or taking videos of my car with their I-phone. :), i feel like a movie star, well, not that im not already but you know. :p

David Spade!! Your location is the OC and everything! It all makes sense!:biggrin:

two words when we all enjoy our turbo regals....Turbo therapy.......

That's nice to hear about your GN...it is a big picker upper when someone goes out of their way to rant and rave about it....makes your day, and you didn't even need Dirty Harry to tell you.

I get the same stuff about my Vette all of the time...makes me feel good...but when when they see the Grand National emblem I wear on my sweatshirt all of the time, they ask where is it.....I have to say it's still at home on jackstands.....(sigh):frown: I used to have people come up to me all of the time when I was driving the GN, it's a great conversation starter, and takes me forever to get home from just a little run to and from the store for my wife.

It was even worse when I was storing my brother's '71 340 Cuda in my garage during the winter for him....I'd take it out once a week to the store to keep the "juices flowing" in it, and I would get back home around four hours later...because of all the people who just ranted and raved about it, talked for hours (like I do here on this forum:rolleyes:) It was nice, but I just couldn't stand it after a while....glad I don't own it, rather have a Yugo just because of all the incredible attention that Cuda gets.

Nice to hear of your neat experience...made me smile.:smile: Thanks for sharing. Those Turbo Regals are just GREAT cars!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National