gnx163 for sale

cruzn57

Still plays with cars!

Attachments

• 649.jpg
    649.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3,376
Ty

have grand daughter with cancer, bills are adding up, over $110k in 10 days!!!!!!!
will sell anything , wanna buy me? old, high miles, but still tight! :D

thanks buddy
Lee

have grand daughter with cancer, bills are adding up, over $110k in 10 days!!!!!!!

thanks buddy
Lee

Damn I am so sorry to hear that........................ Screw the cars they can be replaced. Lets get some serious prayers started for that young girl.

Prayers Sent!

thanks buddy
Lee

Very sorry to hear that. I wish the best of luck to you and your family. ---Jeremy

Possible program to help

Hey Lee,

Sorry to hear that this is happening to your family. Back when I first got out of the Army (1986 - no insurance) there was a program for kids called Katie Beckett Program. Talk to the social worker to see if this is still available, the $110K you are speaking of is not the real figure, way more than you can raise (sorry, I've been there too.)

My daughter was sick with meningecocal toximia and spend the entire summer/fall in the ICU & children's ward @ UW-Hospital. Without this program I was sunk. Now I'm not saying that it still exists, but there is a possibility it does (budget cuts???). One of the things that the family has to do is apply for SSDI, the doc's & social worker can help with this.

In our case it was done ASAP (loss of both legs), I can't say with Cancer, maybe 6 months, might have to do a review board. Bottom line is to ask the social worker about this and anyother availble programs. I know exactly what your kids are going threw & its tough, hang in there & have hope. Everyone on this board is praying for you guys.

Jim

http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/P2/p22015.pdf

link to Katie Beckett in WI.

Same program that gsjimmy1 is referring to (Katie Beckett) may be called Deeming Waiver in some states. Please request seeing the Oncology Social Worker in the hospital your daughter is at to discuss this, other aid and options. I have a SW/ Counseling background/ degrees and have assisted many over the years in my state with Katie Beckett Waiver. Here in GA, you have to be denied SSI (Supplemental Security Income) through the Socal Security Administration first before an application could be made. A DMA 6 form was next. Many steps to navigate through so it helps to have someone experienced helping you with all this. If the hospital doesn't have a social worker, call your local Health and Human Services Dept of Family + Children Services agency and ask for the Katie Beckett case worker. There is help and assistance out there so don't sell all!

The other thing I'll do is to pray and lift up your daughter to an Almighty God who is the Great Physician!!

Prayers with you also. So sad to not see a proper public health care system in place like we have in Canada. Lost my dad to cancer in 95, who knows the cost of meds, doctor visits, and home care if not covered by our government. If we were to have paid for everything it would have decimated our entire family financially. I used to get so mad when 35%of my gross paycheck went to govt. taxes, at least I know where some of it is going, not only helping my family deal with health issues as they come but others that have so few finances as well. Best of luck to her and God Bless. Nick.

she has insurance

but it pays 80%
no idea what the total will be, but its skyrocketing !

and followup care, meds, etc.
parents are using family medical leave, hoping they will have a job when they return.

thanks to all!

but it pays 80%
no idea what the total will be, but its skyrocketing !

and followup care, meds, etc.
parents are using family medical leave, hoping they will have a job when they return.

thanks to all!

Check the health plan, they usually have an out of pocket maximum, see if there is one. I wish you and your family all of the best in these difficult times.
Mike.

80/20 coverage

Hey Lee,

Send over a PM if you find out the details on the insurance (dec page). My wife is a broker and I can speak with her on what to expect. If this is a traditional 80/20 major medical policy, most have either a 1 million or 2 million dollar limit and a maximum out of pocket of $xxxx.xx dollars.

Time off is the big thing, have them talk with HR to maximize the FMLA time off (12 weeks + vacation & presonal time). Of course this is non-paid time and the bills still come. That would be the best thing to send/spend money on for them.

From my experiance, the best thing was when you can come in to give a break to the parents. When your in the hospital with a very sick kid, time has no meaning, they really need to get out for a couple hours and be away from the hospital.

I know that I really appreciated that break with my Daughter.

Anyway, if you need a second set of eyes to look at a dec page we are willing to see what we can tell you. Only need to know the policy info & not the names & such (not a scammer).

Jim

Our Prays are with you

I mabe be speaking out of turn as a newb But, maybe a fund could be set up on the Turbo Buick, I will give if set up and I think others will to, with the number of members it could help greatly. Let me know if I can help. Again our prayers are with you.