Gnx?

blueta

Well it's been a long time since I've had any turbo buicks but I have been kind of looking around a little lately. A friend of mine last night told me about someone he knows who has a gnx for sale for $12k. Of course the first words out of my mouth were "it's a regular gn". He swears to me that it's a gnx and not a clone, but it's not in the greatest shape and been parked in a garage for around 15 years. I want to go check it out this weekend if the guy is around but don't know where to start looking if it's a regular gn or not. Of course all the bolt on parts aren't a good place to look so I will grab the vin. Is there anywhere else to look while I'm there? I'm not holding my breath, but it's close to me so it's worth a look.

You just never know. Get the vin of course but check all the basic stuff.
Fender vents screwed on.
turbo
turbo shield
dash
rear end
aluminum rear drums.
ASC stickers on door
Did they come with aluminum bumper supports?

there is more stuff as well

D

Yeah and since it's like 5 miles from me it's definitely worth a look! Thanks for some things to check. Would there be any specific rpo's on the body tag?

You just never know. Get the vin of course but check all the basic stuff.
Fender vents screwed on.
turbo
turbo shield
dash
rear end
aluminum rear drums.
ASC stickers on door
Did they come with aluminum bumper supports?

there is more stuff as well

D

If it has the stuff above, the 16" wheels with correct dimples, and the panhard rod suspension, you should be cookin' with gas. Even if it ends up being a clone, it'll be a damn good one with body, correct suspension/wheels. Those are expensive mods to a clone in and of itself. Should have stewart-warner gauges, not VDO or autometer, and a numbered dash plaque as well.

I think I saw it.clone on craigslist it for sure had a Gnx dash in it...it was in the Reno Nevada area or maybe sacaremento area craigslist the guy said it came with a factory gnx dash on it..looks good too!