Gnx wheels

Michael30815

Have a set of kirban style GNX 16 in wheels. What is the widest tire size i can put on the rear to give it that staggert look, and where can i get tires from?

I haven't had the new G-force sports yet but I ran the original g-force sports; 4 sets of rears in 255/50/16 and 2 sets of 245/50/16s in the front. I'll try to post pics but the tread seperated on my front tires on all 4 tires I ran in the front. I thought I hit something with each of the first set but when the second set did the same thing, I said that's enough. I put them on the back to burn them up quick and I moved my crappy ecstas to the front. I didn't have 255's on the back this time as they were backordered last year when I needed them so I bought cheap 245/50/16s just to get me by. Anyway, at least the ecstas haven't sperated yet. I do push my car hard through corners but the tread shouldn't seperate like that. Pics coming soon. Conclusion is that I'm now going to run 255/50/16 Falkens from discounttiredirect and I'll pick something for the front. I too have 16" gnx wheels and love matched tires in the staggered 245 and 255 size but I won't get the BFGs again. They always did well on the rear but much less stress on the sidewall in that location.
DSC01263.JPGDSC01262.JPGDSC01261.JPG

Can't beat the "GNX" look of 245 and 255. I'm going to try a 275 out back this time. For some reason the 255 started to look smaller.

The BFG's have been redesigned. They are a completely different tire, now.

Don't buy the old G-force sports (there may be some still sitting around), but the G-force Sport 2's.

The BFG's have been redesigned. They are a completely different tire, now.

Don't buy the old G-force sports (there may be some still sitting around), but the G-force Sport 2's.

How do you know they are a total redesign? What specifically have they done to prevent the tire seperation issue I'm having?

TIA

Because the Tires are a complete redesign

The tread looks a little alike, but the tire and construction are different.

I'm just wondering if you work for them or are in the know about what specifically they are doing different? Is this is known issue with the old design with the tread seperating? Is that why they redesigned them? I really need specifics otherwise I'm never buying them again and steering as many others away from them as possible. Just because they put a "2" after the model doesn't mean to me that they are really doing anything different as fas as construction is concerned and that's where my failures occurr.

Those Ecstas do look good and at 180 treadwear, they should be a lot stickier than the BFG's (340 treadware).

They are a little short @ 25.7", but would be perfect for the TTA.

X2, they do look nice. Please post a pic on the car when you can. I may have to go this route.

Here's the best picture I have now. I don't have the right sides on yet and the car is not running.
They seem to fit just like the 255's.

photo.JPG

I don't know. I have B-body spindles which pushes the wheels outboard about 5/8". With my 255 tires the shoulder would hit the fender under full compression. They used to rub the sway bar at full lock until I added to the wheel stop on the LCA. My guess is you would hit the inside shoulder while turning but that is ONLY a Guess. ;)

More info in this thread.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/will-265-45-16s-fit-on-an-8-gta-wheel.374839/